cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'oops.. cannot connect to lounge' message when trying to watch recordings

biffyg
Dialled in

We had the 360 upgrade at the start of December and there is one bug we cant seem to get past.

When the engineer did the upgrade he replaced one of the 1tb v6 boxes with a new box. We have now discovered this box has no hard drive so whenever we try to watch a recording on the new bedroom box we get the message 'oops.. cannot connect to lounge' . This is not the same case for our kitchen box (with hdd) that has no issue playing on catchup or recordings.

I have seen another post here which mentions about connection type for main box in lounge - i have tried both ethernet and wifi - wifi signal strength is good and speed high. The box was set to active start but now is set to fast start.

Any ideas what else to do? To be honest - i didn't want to lose my bedroom box with all the recordings nor did i agree to having a box with no hdd.

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @biffyg 

Have yuo tried rebooting both boxes at the same time so they handshake and should be able to discover each other  again?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'll give that  a try thanks - also realised we cannot pause for more than 5 minutes on the box with no hdd.

Does it work if you ensure the Lounge box is on when trying to watch?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

roy247
Community elder

@biffyg wrote:

I'll give that  a try thanks - also realised we cannot pause for more than 5 minutes on the box with no hdd.

If you want to pause for longer on the mini box then you need to press record, it will then record on the main box (when set to fast or active start).

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@biffyg wrote:

Hi @biffyg 

The mini box only pauses for around 2 minutes. because it doen't have a hard drive.

To watch a paused program - On the main box press Record. On the mini box  Press My Shows and scroll down to the end and you’ll see the name(s) of 360 boxes you have connected. Select the mini box press OK  then choose the show you want to watch and press OK

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali