cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

πŸ”΄ on Ch.505

youth1
Tuning in

Since having VM installed on 19th April I have not yet had a fully functioning πŸ”΄ service on Ch.505 (SkySportsGolf). Have had pics but no commentary, a continuous beep, a musical soundtrack, and often a message saying there is no interactive content when there definitely is.

This matter is obviously historical because i have read posts on the forum about it from October last year (red button issues with other channels from well before that), yet there is still no fix, and obviously no urgency to finding a resolution.

I follow golf all the time and need this working. I have swapped from Sky where there was NEVER any problems with the πŸ”΄ coverage.

Furthermore, there seems to absolutely no means of recourse or holding anybody to accountability. Call centres, Twitter reps, just fob me off with an excuse of 'sorry - we are aware' tome after time. 
How long does it take a National company to fix an issue like this??? 
🀬

Absolutely appalling customer service. I shall be starting proceedings for compensation if it is not fixed within my cooling off period.

I will also be contacting Trading Standards to get their response for failure to provide the full service for which I am paying.

Please fix ASAP. 
(Tip: Try approaching the problem as if it were yourself inconvenienced with the issue.)

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I wouldn’t say Sky don’t have problems with these streams, they do:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky/Red-button-not-working-on-sky-golf/td-p/3752693 

These streams run on Virgin boxes via a hidden Sky app that points to additional satellite streams that are used by Sky+ boxes. If you had SkyQ these boxes connect to Broadband provided streams instead, which is why these streams were in HD whereas they are SD everywhere else.

I am seeing the same issue as you at the moment. However, the Red Button stream is currently carrying the same content as the main channel.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that nodrogd. 
I didn't have SkyQ, just an HD box and dish. 
- Never a problem with πŸ”΄ ⛳️ 

I am at my wits end. There is no accountability. No communication to say what is being done behind the scenes. We are just expected to suffer and hope that one day things might start working as they should. 
Why can't we be told what exactly is being done to resolve?
Seriously... how long does it take to fix this?

If the answer to that is months (which it would appear to be), then that, I would suggest, is simply gross incompetence.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To be fair to VM here, the service you pay for with a Sky Sports subscription is for access to the linear broadcast channels in EPG positions 501-510

There's no separate charge for access to the red-button streams, although I agree live sport on broadcast channels will always be preferable to "online" methods.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

youth1
Tuning in

UPDATE 13th May 2022:

I now have πŸ”΄ coverage on Ch.505.

I will stop short of saying thank you, because this is only Day 1.
However please pass on my best wishes to the engineer(s) who decided to work at it until finding a fix.
They should've had the job last year.
πŸ‘πŸ»