cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not recording all of movie

MarySton
Tuning in

if we watch a film for, say, 30 minutes and then decide to give up and record so we can watch it later - we don't get the end.  Now, I think when we press record it goes back and records some of the bits we have watched and I do understand that if the movied ends then there is nothing for the machine to record. 

Is that confusing? I know what I mean 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

Hi Maryston,

I am sure you know what you mean, there could be a couple of reason's, first one after you press record because you have had enough are you then just changing the channel or turning the box off, if you are just changing the channel then there shouldn't be a problem, if you are turning the box off and it's set to eco mode then that would be like turning the box off at the plug, best to have the main box set to fast start or active start and don't turn off at the plug.

Another reason could be that the film you are watching is split into 2 episodes on the TV guide, some channels have a entertainment news or something  inbetween the 2 parts of the film,  if this is the case when you press record set a series recording then it will record both parts.

Thanks for your reply.

Press record and turn tv off - but not the box.

I do set series link for the movies separated by news or whatever.

From another reply it seems to be something to do with say, my box recording from the earlier part of film and then by the time box is trying to record end, the film is no longer being broadcast.

I vaguely get that so i wondered if i can make it record from NOW until the end ??

@MarySton wrote:

From another reply it seems to be something to do with say, my box recording from the earlier part of film and then by the time box is trying to record end, the film is no longer being broadcast.

I vaguely get that so i wondered if i can make it record from NOW until the end ??

If the film has already started before you start watching, and you select the option to watch from the start then you have gone into startover mode and are basically watching a recording and you can't set it to record, but you might find it in catchup.

If you are watching a live broadcast and press record it should record to the end.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MarySton 

If you are watching a live broadcast and press record and OK a new screen should appear with 3 options:-

Record series, Record this episode, and Advanced options.

Click on Advanced options and on the next screen you can fine tune when the recording starts and stops by clicking on Extra time before and extra time after.

By doing that you shouldn't miss any of the program

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

@roy247 wrote:

If the film has already started before you start watching, and you select the option to watch from the start then you have gone into startover mode and are basically watching a recording and you can't set it to record, but you might find it in catchup.

Sorry a bit of misinformation there, just tried doing this again quickly and it does work but obviously not when the startover option is using iPlayer, haven't tried it on all channels though.