cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new 360 issues finding programmes/films

Siy
Joining in

Hi

I have been upgraded and have 2 x virgin 360 boxes (well they are V6s that have been updated) and a third mini box.

All are working, but I am having an issue finding programmes/films/ box sets using the new menu.

eg - trying to find the film ' Kajillionaire' at the weekend. go into the menu and search for it by typing in the name, and it finds the film, and gives two options... 

1) its on tomorrow evening on sky movies at 11.20pm

2) its in the virgin 'Store' - where I can buy it.

Now - before upgrading to 360, it would have given me the option to watch it when I want from Sky, as its available on there.....

Using the 360, it appears that you cant find it. I then did an actual search on sky movies scrolling through all their titles, and found it - so I could watch it at my leisure through sky without having to pay the Virgin Media store.

Why wont it just display this as an option any more when i typed in the title?

Example 2:

Had been watching the Flight Attendant, which was on Sky1. watched a few on demand before the upgrade. After upgrading, I can only find episode 4 - and cant see any others...?

I am hoping this is just 'user error' - but dont see what I am doing wrong?
Its frustrating as not being able to find things that are actually there, means I end up paying again for them on virrgin store.
it feels very much as if the system is et to push you to use Virgin store to pay for things, that you may be already paying subscriptions for.
H E L P !!!!!!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Siy wrote:

however with the sky one show the flight attendant - with sky you can still watch it.  I thought subscribing to sky via Virgin gives us the same access as having sky directly???

Virgin Media & Sky are different platforms.

There are channels that Sky carry which aren't on VM, and also channels that Virgin carry but Sky don't.

The same goes for OnDemand content - the availability of "boxset" programmes and series does vary. CatchUp-type programmes, by their nature, should be universal across platforms.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Siy wrote:

Its frustrating as not being able to find things that are actually there, means I end up paying again for them on virrgin store.
it feels very much as if the system is et to push you to use Virgin store to pay for things, that you may be already paying subscriptions for.
H E L P !!!!!!

I can't comment on the 360-software directly as I use a V6, but...

The order in which OnDemand assets are listed has been this way for as long as I've used the TiVo-ecosystem. In other words, if a programme is available from multiple sources, the chargeable ones are listed first and the "inclusive" or FOC ones, later.

I cannot remember this ever not being the case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes.  Bit now the listings do t appear at all on the 360

Hi Siy

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I've just checked this here and the movie comes up when you search for it on Sky Movies Comedy, 

The On Demand is one episode on our system but this will be due to licensing agreements etc.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes. User errror.  The film was there but not displayed as it used to display on v6 box.  It makes it look as though you have to wait until the next showing rather than allowing on demand.  

however with the sky one show the flight attendant - with sky you can still watch it.  I thought subscribing to sky via Virgin gives us the same access as having sky directly???

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Siy wrote:

Virgin Media & Sky are different platforms.

There are channels that Sky carry which aren't on VM, and also channels that Virgin carry but Sky don't.

The same goes for OnDemand content - the availability of "boxset" programmes and series does vary. CatchUp-type programmes, by their nature, should be universal across platforms.