cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new 360 box control

klewsey
Joining in

I have a tivo box thats just been upgraded to 360 gubbings inside by virgin. They have sent me a new controller that I've paired but I also have a connection of the same box into our bedroom. So I've brough a new control and want to use that in the bedroom. When I tried to pair it the box only seems to allow one control to pair. On the tivo box and all I had two controllers that where paired with that box, must be an easy fix?!?! Please help someone...

Kevin

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've converted your old V6 (that ran TiVo software) into a 360, it's no longer a V6 but is now a 360.

360 is completely different to TiVo/V6, and I believe does only allow one remote to be paired to it. You can try using the TV Go-app from a compatible mobile device as a second remote, also use a third-party independently-sourced remote by IR I believe. I have a V6 so can't give detailed advice on this.

There are many differences between TiVo/V6 & 360, and this is one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
360 only supports one RF remote at a time. However you can use the TV Go app to find and 'cast' content to the box and use that as an additional remote.

The 360 box will also respond to third part IR remotes like One 4 All and Harmony so you could you one of those in your main room and then the Virgin Media supplied one out of line of sight.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Apologies, not sure how I would use the TV Go app to find and 'cast' content to the box and use that as an additional remote. Can you explain that a little bit more please?

Many thanks

Kevin

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can either use the Virgin TV Go app as a remote or use it to start a recording from the recording entry:

6FEB572E-776E-45B0-BDB3-0252E3C22180.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks