cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

losing sound and picture, grey screen

hellz08
Joining in

I have had the V6 box for a 2 weeks, the 1st time I plugged it in, the screen went grey and there was no picture, i turned the TV over to HDMI 2 then back again and the screen was back. Thought nothing of it. The last 2 days or so, the picture keeps going, the same way. I have attached a picture. 

The TV is an old one, it's a Panasonic Viera TX-P46VT20. 

I did not have this issue with the Sky Q box, i had before the change over, and have not had it with the PS5 connected and used the last couple of day. 

I have tried setting the TIVO box to 1080p, I've tried 1080i and 720p. 

I've switched the HDMI cables, having had an issue with HDMI-1, I'm now using the HDMI-3 cable, which has was used for the PS5, with no previous issues. 

I've moved the Hub Power box away from the V6 box (was previosly behind, as not long enough).

Done a reboot, checked all the cables are plugged in. At a loss, anyone have an idea?TV.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hellz08 wrote:

I have had the V6 box for a 2 weeks

Are you sure? Was this a brand new install or a fault replacement?

If it was a brand-new install, it would be a 360 not a V6. Check here if you want to make sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi it sounds like you will have to select the correct HDMI port on the TV remote input button, as its not automatically doing so, select the HDMI port that is plugged from the virgin box to your TV, the video setting should be 1080p but has no bearing on this issue. Regards Micky

Hi,

I would do that when I put the TV on.

This is happening at random when watching the V6 box, either a streaming App or TV channel. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hellz08 wrote:

I have had the V6 box for a 2 weeks

Are you sure? Was this a brand new install or a fault replacement?

If it was a brand-new install, it would be a 360 not a V6. Check here if you want to make sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

sorry, you're right 360 box(wrong board sorry), have an engineer coming out now, have a broadband issue too. Not been a successful install so far. 

Hi @hellz08,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with your TV service recently. Please do let us know how the engineer visit goes and if you need any further support on this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!