david340
Joining in

Screen blacks out for a few seconds only several times a day

23 REPLIES 23

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @david340 

Does this happen when changing channels or moving from apps to live TV?

Have you tried reseating the HDMI lead, or using a different HDMI lead/

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

david340
Joining in

Thanks for the reply. It happens regularly in the middle of live transmission

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

if, by "live transmission" you mean broadcast TV channels.. any particular ones? including SD/HD variant would be helpful.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @david340

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the TV issues you are experiencing, I'm sorry to hear your screen has been blacking out a few times a day, that is not ideal. I have taken a look on our systems and ran diagnostics, there are currently no issues showing with your TV box. Can you check that all cables between the TV and the box are securely connected?

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi Serena,

All connections were checked by the engineer who dealt with our main problem and fitted a new box to replace the faulty one. I have checked myself since after reading your post and they are quite firm. What do I do next?

Thanks,

David.

Hi @david340

Thank you for your reply

Are you able to use a completely new HDMI cable? If the box has been replaced and everything is still showing fine on our end - this seems like the only issue it could be likely to be but we can investigate further if not.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@david340 wrote:

Hi Serena,

All connections were checked by the engineer who dealt with our main problem and fitted a new box to replace the faulty one. I have checked myself since after reading your post and they are quite firm. What do I do next?

Thanks,

David.

Was the 360 box swapped for the same problem or did the blackouts only start after the box was replaced?

Hi All, thank you for offering further support. 

David340 - can i also suggest trying an alternative HDMI port on the tv?

Please let us know how you are getting on so we can offer further support if needed!

All the best. 

Molly

Thanks to all of you who responded. I can only provide part answers, and at 85 am not brilliant on technical matters. I can definitely confirm using a new HDMI lead did not help. I am not too sure if any of what I watch is in SD, as most are HD. Using a different HDMI port does not seem possible as the Virgin box is connected via one piece of equipment along with other leads (speakers, DVD, Cd), but all connections were checked by the last engineer, who fitted a replacement box which cured the actual connection problem, but the occasional blackouts have continued.