cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone remote app

Tonymc41
On our wavelength

Hi I have the remote control app downloaded on my iPhone I have everything working but my volume won’t turn up or down could I get help pleas ty

14 REPLIES 14

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can’t control the volume from the app. Your phone has no way of speaking to your TV which controls the volume.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tonymc41
On our wavelength

Hi I got 2 new remote controls today cause I upgraded to v6 but the software on the box won’t be fixed for 5 days can I change bk to my old remote to wait till it’s sorted, Iv compared the new remote already we don’t have a tv remote to turn it up or down ty

Don't know if I have misread anything, if you have only just received your 360 remotes and not updated the V6 boxes to 360 then your old remotes and everything should work the same as it did.

Tonymc41
On our wavelength

I received 2 remotes because I changed package, but apparently my software on my 360 can’t be upgraded so they said because I don’t have migrations on my app and games they could not upgrade so I have to wait 5 days for them to do it manually, so I’m left with the new remote control paired for v6 I can’t do anything, so I wanted to know can I change bk to my old remote till it’s done 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tonymc41 wrote:

I received 2 remotes because I changed package

No, there's 2 different things there. A package change is just that - a package change, it has no impact at all on your TV box software.

What's happened here is that you've also chosen to migrate from TiVo/V6 to TV360 at the same time as changing your contract bundle. Assuming you're migrating from V6, then you will first receive the new remote controls. A couple of days later, your V6 will get the "Upgrade to 360 now" icon which allows you to download the new software and convert your boxes from V6 into TV360. At that point they cease being V6.

Until this happens, your V6 will continue to function as V6. Which part of this isn't working, or has gone wrong?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Tonymc41 

Your V6 should continue to work normally using the original V6 remote until the process to switch the box to the Horizon (360) is completed.

This usually happens automatically around 5 days after you receive the 360 remotes, although once the regrade app has been downloaded  to your 360 box you can initiate the change (which requires using both the V6 and the 360 remote) by following the instructions which should have been printed on the inside cover of the box containing your new remotes. There's a picture at the bottom of this post showing the process to follow.

There's also a youtube video showing how to convert from a V6 to a 360, and also how to install a new 360 box if you are swapping over from the older TIVO box. video showing how to convert to 360 

upgrade to 360upgrade to 360

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tonymc41
On our wavelength
Can’t get the volume to turn up or down

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tonymc41 wrote:
Can’t get the volume to turn up or down

Refer to Ernie's post#2 above,

One-line responses to the advice being offered, unfortunately leave those who are trying to advise, with more questions.

What are you trying to change the volume with - an app or the remote? And are you trying to alter the volume on your TV or the VM box?

What you possibly need to do is remove the batteries from your new 360 remote until you are ready to do the upgrade, and then repair your V6 remote to your box, TV and any A/V equipment you have.

You should then be back to where you were before you received the 360 remote.