cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to restrict access to YouTube

muppet1
Joining in

Hi, I have the new TiVO box (the one that has voice recognition) and wondered if there is a way to block youtube (or even better restrict access with a pin code). I was able to restrict access on my last TiVo box, but cant seem to do it on the new one. I don't want my kids watching youtube all the time!

THANK YOU 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ah, you've converted from TiVo > 360, and no longer have a TiVo - you now have a 360 box. You can view pictures of the boxes here - they're completely different software platforms.

Unfortunately, parental control of apps is something currently only available on the TiVo/V6 platform and not on 360.

Edit: @muppet1 to make sure you pick up the moved post, it's now in the 360 board.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ah, you've converted from TiVo > 360, and no longer have a TiVo - you now have a 360 box. You can view pictures of the boxes here - they're completely different software platforms.

Unfortunately, parental control of apps is something currently only available on the TiVo/V6 platform and not on 360.

Edit: @muppet1 to make sure you pick up the moved post, it's now in the 360 board.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks