cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to reboot 360 from the remote?

moof
Fibre optic

following another glitch yesterday, I realised I couldn't find a way to reboot the box from the remote and had to unplug/replug

(V6 you could 3 down thumbs and a last channel button to reboot)

any way to do this with TV360?

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

You can just switch the box off with the switch on the back of box which might be easier to access than your plug, or a basic "factory reset".

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choosing Keep Recordings, means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

cheers for the reply,
I pull the thin lead on the left side of the box when forced to...forgot there's a power button back there

bit hesitant to doing anything that has the word reset in it, what gets partially reset do we know?

I looked at the factory reset option last night but when it got to enter pin I thought, nope don't want to be going down that route.

roy247
Community elder

Not 100% sure, possibly it just reset's / reloads the 360 software because some of the settings go back to their defaults and you lose your app logins. I have only used it a few times, once when one of my boxes had updated the software and the other one hadn't, and another one I remember was when I couldn't scroll past the top or bottom of the page of channels on the EPG, I had to use the channel Up/Down button to jump to the next page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Purely on the remote reboot point I wonder, not being a VM tele customer, whether it is an option via the online service status tool for TV?