cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code CS2217

devonman
On our wavelength

I have the same problem as many 360 customers, getting error code CS2217 when trying to replay various recorded programmes. Call centre couldn’t resolve it so referred it to the technical Team’ who will sort it out in 3 to 5 days - not holding my breath!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @devonman 

Sorry to see the issues you are having.

Do you have more than one 360 ?

If so it's possible that this error is occuring due to the box settings.

Go to Home > Settings > System > Standby Power Consumption.  If it's on Eco (slow start) change it to either Fast Start or Active Start

It may also either a local fault or more probably a hard drive issue.

Check My Virgin Media to see if any local issues are listed.  If nothing is showing  you could also try the  automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

if none of the above help then have you tried a factory reset?

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.
It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

With the 360 selecting Choose Keep Recordings means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again)

If the above fails.to resolve the issue or doesn't indicate any local faults then as per /virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2217-contactus  it looks like you'll have to call in to report the fault, 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues.

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @devonman 

Sorry to see the issues you are having.

Do you have more than one 360 ?

If so it's possible that this error is occuring due to the box settings.

Go to Home > Settings > System > Standby Power Consumption.  If it's on Eco (slow start) change it to either Fast Start or Active Start

It may also either a local fault or more probably a hard drive issue.

Check My Virgin Media to see if any local issues are listed.  If nothing is showing  you could also try the  automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

if none of the above help then have you tried a factory reset?

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.
It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

With the 360 selecting Choose Keep Recordings means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again)

If the above fails.to resolve the issue or doesn't indicate any local faults then as per /virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2217-contactus  it looks like you'll have to call in to report the fault, 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues.

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, Thanks for the heads up ! 
I did a factory reset, and its seems to have sorted out the issues of apps not loading and recordings failing. 

It downloaded an update during the reset , so this may be the fix thats sorted the issues ?

Regards,

Paul 

Hi Paulyboy, 

Thanks for your post and we're glad to hear things are resolved for you now. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back an let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs