Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgrade please

davelipsey1
Joining in

Hi

I dont like 360

Can I go back to V6?

and when I login to Virgin TV go app, I'm told no compatible Virgin TV boxes found

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

Its a fait accompli, by next year we will all be using 360 (Horizon 4) following a forced software change.

this is categorically untrue.  

@BlueLou wrote:

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

Its a fait accompli, by next year we will all be using 360 (Horizon 4) following a forced software change.

If that is the case what will Virgin do when the Tivo license expires and we can no longer use Tivo software on our V6 STB's?

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@BlueLou wrote:

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

If that is the case what will Virgin do when the Tivo license expires and we can no longer use Tivo software on our V6 STB's?

....it could mean that V6 users just get to carry on using the TiVo software on their boxes but just that it will no longer receive firmware updates.

There is no license that is going to expire next year.   We will see TiVo and V6 customers on Virgin Media for some time to come.  

Thanks BlueLou
So will VM agree to downgrade me?

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would suggest all will become clear in due course. The licencing deal with TiVo was last renewed in Oct 2017, a brief Google finds several articles referencing that. As to how long, and what the terms of exit could be... only VM will know, and that'll go under the banner of "commercial sensitivity"

Suffice to say there's plenty of time for this to play out, and several million boxes that will need replacing and/or updating when the time comes. That alone needs to be staggered.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@davelipsey1 wrote:
Thanks BlueLou
So will VM agree to downgrade me?

Thanks

...as has been already said - its a one way trip.

@BlueLou wrote:

There is no license that is going to expire next year.   We will see TiVo and V6 customers on Virgin Media for some time to come.  

Thank you, that is good news that the license will be renewed.  If Virgin Media are continuing with the TiVo software then why are you rolling out Horizon 4 and not letting new customers choose to use TiVo on the V6.

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@BlueLou wrote:

Thank you, that is good news that the license will be renewed.  If Virgin Media are continuing with the TiVo software then why are you rolling out Horizon 4 and not letting new customers choose to use TiVo on the V6.

...it IS a choice to update to Horizon - nobody at VM has ever said it will be forced on the customer??!

Your missing my point. There will be a time when VM decides to no longer renew its licence to use TiVo software. When that time comes VM customers will have to move to the Horizon software as it will no longer be legal to use TiVo.