Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgrade please

davelipsey1
Joining in

Hi

I dont like 360

Can I go back to V6?

and when I login to Virgin TV go app, I'm told no compatible Virgin TV boxes found

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @davelipsey1

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you're not liking the Virgin 360, could you expand on the issues you're having with it so we can best advise on this? 

Sorry to hear you're also having issues with TV Go, have you tried accessing this via a browser instead? Do you have the same issue here? Have you tried removing and redownloading the app? 

Please let us know. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

deans6571
Wise owl

@davelipsey1 wrote:

Hi

I don't like 360

Can I go back to V6?

...its a one way trip.

You should have researched the product before diving in...

golden86
Dialled in

@davelipsey1 wrote:

Hi

I dont like 360

Can I go back to V6?

and when I login to Virgin TV go app, I'm told no compatible Virgin TV boxes found

Thanks

I actually really like the TV 360, and my Virgin TV go app works with the 360. Might need to reinstall the app?

@deans6571 wrote:

@davelipsey1 wrote:

Hi

I don't like 360

Can I go back to V6?

...its a one way trip.

Well that's a bit harsh. When something is billed as an upgrade, that is what you expect. I know I did.

Its a fait accompli, by next year we will all be using 360 (Horizon 4) following a forced software change. The existing Tivo software license runs out, I believe, at the end of this year so VM will have no choice but to roll out the Horizon 4 software. This is the irony, early adopters are having to pay for something that VM have no choice over, the rest of us will get the new software for free.

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

Its a fait accompli, by next year we will all be using 360 (Horizon 4) following a forced software change. The existing Tivo software license runs out, I believe, at the end of this year so VM will have no choice but to roll out the Horizon 4 software. This is the irony, early adopters are having to pay for something that VM have no choice over, the rest of us will get the new software for free.

I upgraded in December 2020 and I didn’t pay to upgrade, funnily enough I don’t know whether was coincidence but I had just negotiated a contract renewal then later that day I was emailed an invite to upgrade to 360 for free, at first yes it was a bit rubbish, but now has settled down I don’t get repeat recordings, only gripe is that it records programmes even tho they have changed, such as repair shop at 4.30pm when it’s changed to the news.  But my main reason for taking up the software upgrade was the HDMI-CEC and the voice control, and both work very well.

@markdyer72 wrote:

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

only gripe is that it records programmes even tho they have changed, such as repair shop at 4.30pm when it’s changed to the news. 

....all of VM's boxes do that, and unless VM have an EPG which changes in real time, then there's no way around this.

@crazygoog wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@davelipsey1 wrote:

Hi

I don't like 360

Can I go back to V6?

...its a one way trip.

Well that's a bit harsh. When something is billed as an upgrade, that is what you expect. I know I did.

...its not harsh at all - all you need to do is read the first 2 pages of the forum to establish that switching from the V6 to the 360 is clearly NOT an upgrade. Its just different software which does things differently to TiVo.

@markdyer72 wrote:

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

only gripe is that it records programmes even tho they have changed, such as repair shop at 4.30pm when it’s changed to the news.  

that must be because the TV guide hasn't updated, when I set a recording about a week in advance and there is even a slight schedule change all I get is a failed recording message.