cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgrade please

Felim_Doyle
Fibre optic

I was supposed to be getting a V6 to replace my ageing TiVo and I was assured that I would be able to upload my Series Links, Saved Searches and other settings and download them to the compatible V6 but instead I received a TV 360 which does not support this feature. However, this was only the beginning of my woes with the TV 360.

I wasn't upgrading, I didn't request a TV 360 box and I was specifically told that I was being sent a V6 box but that isn't what happened.

Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
9 REPLIES 9

deans6571
Wise owl

@Felim_Doyle wrote:

I was supposed to be getting a V6 to replace my ageing TiVo and I was assured that I would be able to upload my Series Links, Saved Searches and other settings and download them to the compatible V6 but instead I received a TV 360 which does not support this feature. However, this was only the beginning of my woes with the TV 360.

I wasn't upgrading, I didn't request a TV 360 box and I was specifically told that I was being sent a V6 box but that isn't what happened.

....technically, you did indeed receive a V6 box as its the software on the box which is different (TiVo vs 360) and not the box itself (the box is still a V6 irrelevant of the software installed on it).

As to why you were told you could transfer content though was totally incorrect as no content can be transferred from TiVo to 360.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved these last 2 posts to a new thread as it's a separate issue to what was being discussed and is specific to @Felim_Doyle - a classic case of why adding "me too" to existing threads is often a bad idea.

There's 2 issues here....

1: The TiVo "copy series link" feature is technically still available but hasn't worked for at least 18months now and is - realistically - unlikely to get fixed.

2: How did you go about arranging the swap from TiVo > V6, and was 360 mentioned/discussed at any stage? Were you sent the new 360-remote control?

Deans is correct to point out that the V6 & 360 are the same hardware but completely different software platforms and something about this scenario doesn't sound quite right to me.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I am aware that the hardware is the same [although not all V6 boxes can run Horizon] but the functionality is vastly different. 

I was told I could transfer between the old and the new boxes because I was supposed to be getting a V6 configured box but a TV 360 turned up instead.

• I think it's clear from my original post that I was being sent a V6 to replace a faulty TiVo and that TV 360 was never mentioned. Yes, it came with the new remote because it's a TV 360 and not the TiVo compatible V6 that I was promised! 

I wasn't trying to add a 'me too' new issue to the other thread, I was supporting the OP in the fact that TV 360 is a downgrade from V6 and that TV 360 boxes were being issued to customers who were expecting V6 boxes without their prior knowledge so I'd appreciate it if you'd move it back to the original thread.

Félim

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Felim_Doyle wrote:

I am aware that the hardware is the same [although not all V6 boxes can run Horizon]

Yes they can. All V6 boxes are capable of being software patched to 360.

As for a 360 migration being a downgrade from TiVo, that depends on how you use the box. It's different, that's for sure and you're correct to say the functionality is vastly different.

Crucially though - are you saying that you were offered a TiVo > V6 swap but have been sent a 360? If so, then something isn't right here and I'll defer to the staff team to take a look. Ordinarily one a TiVo/V6 > 360 swap is initiated, it's irreversible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Please do not do anything on my behalf, I am well capable of contacting the staff team myself. I've had the TV 360 for almost a year and, as you say, the situation is irreversible now. Interfering at this stage is only likely to make things worse. Just put this conversation back in the original thread where it belongs please!

Both you and @deans6571 seem to underestimate the knowledge of others in the community forum and overestimate your own knowledge.

Félim

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No underestimation from me.

All V6 hardware capable of running TiVo can be migrated to Horizon.

However, the ‘native’ TV 360 box (Humax manufactured) cannot run TiVo.

@Ernie_C It's about a year since I researched this but back then I thought that the V6 boxes came in two hardware versions but that only one was upgradeable convertible to TV 360. Perhaps I misread it or misremembered it.

@deans6571 As I have a Humax TV 360, I did not receive a V6 box as expected.

Félim

Hi @Felim_Doyle

Do you need us to look into anything on your account?  Or are you just talking amongst your community members?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I had been ill and there was a lot to catch up on afterwards so I haven't been visiting the community forum.

There's not much that you can do for me with regard to the TV 360 box (which I wasn'tsupposed to have) so it's a case of community members airing their issues and making suggestions which hopefully will make it into the TV 360 software and user interface in due course.

Félim