cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

channel 4 HD picture goes funny.

RockerSBM
Fibre optic

Hi Virgin 

past 4 weeks or so channel 4 HD picture jumps every now and then and it same when record on it too.

Had a tech last week said everything was fine. 

22 REPLIES 22

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Random pixelisation & you are looking at a signal issue. Banded pixelisation, stalling of the picture or sound momentarily is more likely a noise ingress or interference problem. The latter is far harder to detect. Do these problems always occur at the same time of day?

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi 

Yes everytime we watch something recorded on channel 4 it does it a few times within the hour of the show,

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

But do you watch those programmes at the same sort of time of day?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi 

Yes I guess they do with the things I record on channel 4 other channels are fine that been recorded. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

nodrogd has suggested in post#11 that this could be a noise issue, that tends to be time-specific, you've been asked twice now whether this problem is exhibiting at particular times - I don't see an answer to that question which could well help with resolving this.

Otherwise, the staff team should be along in a couple of days.

Hi 

I said yes i watch them at the same time of the day i can only watch things late in day has i have work or day after its recorded like late again so i watch tv about 8.30pm onwards monday to friday and only channel it does it on is channel 4. i dont watch anything on itv. i know it will be noise i know how noise and that works.  

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi RocksterSMB, 

Thank you for posting to the community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when watching Channel 4 HD. 

Do you have more than one box with us? If so, is this happening across all of them? 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi

I do have another box but dont use it so I dont know if it does it on that one. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply and for confirming. 

Can you please try swapping your HDMi cable and if possible the HDMi port to see if this help? 

Also, can you check that all other cables are secure and without damage? 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi 

It's still doing it