cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can the local news channel be changed?

S-L_M
Tuning in

got my Virgin TV connected today, however the local news channel is not our usual one.

2.  the volume up and down do not seem to be working on the remote, neither does the mute button.

any idea's anyone?

Thanks in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@S-L_M wrote:

got my Virgin TV connected today, however the local news channel is not our usual one.

2.  the volume up and down do not seem to be working on the remote, neither does the mute button.

any idea's anyone?

Thanks in advance

Regions on Virgin are dependent on the network headend you are downstream of. There are some areas where regions overlap & additional services are available.

If you post back with your location (nearest town will do) I can check the headend list for any alternatives that should be available.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@S-L_M wrote:
Hi there,
Worksop here (North Notts but with a S81 area postcode)

Thank you

Worksop is part of the Nottingham franchise so you are getting East Midlands BBC & Central East ITV on 101 & 103 respectively.

Part of this area also receives Lincs & Yorks BBC plus Yorkshire South ITV. If these are available you will find them on channels 858 & 870. If you don’t get these you are stuck with the East Midlands services. You can set the BBC iPlayer app on your box to any region you choose via the settings menu in the app. This also allows you to view the local news both live & delayed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
No its fed from the local headend.

the power and volume will need to be programmed for your TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSloQ7y6xkk

Thanks for the swift reply, not sure if this will work as ours is a VIRGIN TV 360   version box?

Thanks for the swift reply, not sure if this will work as ours is a VIRGIN TV 360 version box?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To pair the 360 remote hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@S-L_M wrote:

any idea's anyone?

Thanks in advance

Regions on Virgin are dependent on the network headend you are downstream of. There are some areas where regions overlap & additional services are available.

If you post back with your location (nearest town will do) I can check the headend list for any alternatives that should be available.

Hi there,

Thank you

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@S-L_M wrote:
Hi there,

Thank you

Worksop is part of the Nottingham franchise so you are getting East Midlands BBC & Central East ITV on 101 & 103 respectively.

Part of this area also receives Lincs & Yorks BBC plus Yorkshire South ITV. If these are available you will find them on channels 858 & 870. If you don’t get these you are stuck with the East Midlands services. You can set the BBC iPlayer app on your box to any region you choose via the settings menu in the app. This also allows you to view the local news both live & delayed.

Thank you nodrogd, you have been Very Helpful!
Stay safe & healthy.....