cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i pair an additional remote to the 360 box?

hdbnews
Tuning in

if possible, how do i pair an additional remote to control my 360 box. the second one will pair to control TV volume but not drive the 360 box.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Only one v360 remote can be paired to a box it isn't possible at this time to pair multiple remotes to a single box.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

tafrock
Superfast

Why can't you use same one to control TV volume?? That's what I do 

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Only one v360 remote can be paired to a box it isn't possible at this time to pair multiple remotes to a single box.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

many thanks for your reply. how annoying: -back to the dark ages then of having to throw the remote across the room for other people to use. very disappointing re Virgin tech level. Sky wins here!

jonathanpye
Fibre optic

@hdbnews wrote:

if possible, how do i pair an additional remote to control my 360 box. the second one will pair to control TV volume but not drive the 360 box.

I have both the VM remote controlling the tv360 and the volume on my tv AND my LG magic remote controlling my TV and the tv360 box with nearly all functions. Theres a thread on the logitech harmony remote pairing too. So I would suggest the answer is YES you can pair more than one remote perhaps just not 2 VM remotes!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Vip Volt Gig1 with Sky Cinema and Sports UHD
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

I agree, life is so much easier with 2. Please hurry up and sort this glitch. Not all of us are able to easily get the remote if it's not in reaching distance.

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jonathanpye wrote:

@hdbnews wrote:

I have both the VM remote controlling the tv360 and the volume on my tv AND my LG magic remote controlling my TV and the tv360 box with nearly all functions. Theres a thread on the logitech harmony remote pairing too. So I would suggest the answer is YES you can pair more than one remote perhaps just not 2 VM remotes!

The 360 still works with IR, the LG and other remotes control it with IR, so although they work the box they're not paired with the box 

Thanks for the response. I'll let my son know and hopefully he can figure it out. 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DitzyDeb

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your other remotes pairing with the 360 box.

If you need any further advice, please just pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide