cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can airpods be connected to tv-360 box

rajbob
On our wavelength

just got a virgin tv-360 box which I understand has bluetooth capability. Does this mean i can connect my airpods to listen to the tv rather than through the normal speakers?

if so how is this achieved?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

deans6571
Wise owl

@rajbob wrote:

just got a virgin tv-360 box which I understand has bluetooth capability. Does this mean i can connect my airpods to listen to the tv rather than through the normal speakers?

if so how is this achieved?

thanks

I suspect not.  

Apple’s AirPods only connect to Apple devices unless you have workarounds and special dongles. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would also suspect not, for the same reason as already suggested and also...

The V6 & 360 are the same hardware, and the purpose of RF on the V6 is for pairing to the remote control to not rely on line-of-sight. Not for an alternative method of playing audio.

The sound output can either be over the HDMI or optical connections.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Although Bluetooth works on RF frequencies there are no options to connect anything by Bluetooth, the remote connects by RF, where did you see it has Bluetooth connectivity ?

rajbob
On our wavelength

The engineer mentioned Bluetooth to my wife at installation - I wasn’t there so assumed it has Bluetooth capability. I know apple tends to be a closed shop but my AirPods do connect to my pc which is not apple so it’s not impossible. Just surprised that this day an age the latest virgin kit does not allow it - quite a good feature I would have thought ?