cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I record programmes on the secondary box

gadgie1
Joining in

Hi I'm getting 2 boxes with my ultimate volt package. I know I can record 6 channels at the same time on the main 360 tv box, my question is, Which secondary box will I receive and can I record on to that box the same as the main box. Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Hi gadgie1,

Sorry for the late response,

It's not something we would usually do, as the equipment would be tied to your old account.

Alex_Rm

VM routinely removes equipment from old accounts, so I fail to see what the problem is. Surely the 360 can be activated on the OP's account to enable him to use it, all he has to provide is his account numbers and serial number of the box.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

VM routinely removes equipment from old accounts, so I fail to see what the problem is. Surely the 360 can be activated on the OP's account to enable him to use it, all he has to provide is his account numbers and serial number of the box.

The main time kit from an old account is routinely moved over is when people move home, but that is where the new account hasn't been issued with its own kit and is an automatic process usually.

It also used to be that kit was also transferred when a Transfer of Responsibility was done, but outside of a situation where someone has died, that doesn't happen now either. Instead any existing account is disconnected and new separate account is created.

So the majority of times when an account is disconnected, the kit is expected to be returned. Any new account would be issued with its own kit.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Ok thankyou