cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are the apps down on virgin 360?

klynchk
Up to speed

I'm watching "Trucking Hell" on My5 on my Virgin TV 360 box through catchup tv
I attempt to directly launch the My5 app on the box the screen goes black and nothing happens until I press the home button.If I try to access an episode through the guide - same thing happens - screen goes black and nothing happens until I press the home button

Just checked BBCiPlayer, ITV Hub (they're down too - same behaviour)

FWIW I'm in the HP5 postcode (Chesham) and that's apparently area ref: 22, all TV, Broadband and Telephone are working just fine.

8 REPLIES 8

Agi4
On our wavelength

Getting UI-800-3  on Netflix all evening.  Worked OK up till then

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @klynchk 

No problems with Trucking Hell on my 360 via search from the EPG, catchup or the My5 app.

iPlayer and and ITV Hub have no issues either.

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I called 

Service Status number  0800 561 0061.

and there were no TV issues in my area

Have a look at https://photos.app.goo.gl/E5WAnNG1VzwWGVGS8 - I've put up a video of the problem happening.

When the screen goes black, it remains that way until I press the home button.

klynchk
Up to speed

It appears that using the My5 App to watch 4 or 5 shows appears to cause the problem.

I've found an unsatisfactory workaround - which is to switch off the box and switch it back on again. This is a pain because at one time programmes maybe recording for other household members.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If these programmes are "CatchUp", they should be available via normal OnDemand rather than relying on any streaming app.

Or better still - record them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @klynchk,

I am very sorry to hear you're having some problems with accessing content via your TV apps.

I've noticed that you've mentioned a workaround of switching the box off and on again, which alleviates the issue. Is this a temporary fix, or has it resolved the problem?

If the problem remains then can you try a hard reboot instead? To do that, unplug the box via the mains whilst it's still powered on and leave it unplugged for at least 30 seconds. Then plug it back in and boot it up as normal.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Zach_R ,

> I've noticed that you've mentioned a workaround of switching the box off and on again, which alleviates the issue. Is this a temporary fix, or has it resolved the problem?

It's a termporary fix

> If the problem remains then can you try a hard reboot instead? To do that, unplug the box via the mains whilst it's still powered on and leave it unplugged for at least 30 seconds. Then plug it back in and boot it up as normal.

I've not been streaming TV for a few days I watched some streaming TV tonight. I watched the last episode of "Celebrity Hunted" on All4 and then I tried to launch "Trucking Hell" on MY5 - the blue buffering disc appeared and eventually the box threw the error

MY5-VMH-VJS-2010

Error: MY5-VMH-VJS-2010
We're sorry but something has gone wrong. Please attempt again later.
Error: VJS-2010
If the error keeps happening, please visit the My5 Help Centre for advice on what this error means and how to solve it: https://help.channel5.com
PXL_20220213_230414875.jpg

I've attached a photo.

I'd note that this is different behaviour than I initally reported.

I retried to access the program, and the second attempt was successful

I'll keep using the MY5 service and let you know when the problem recurs

Hi @klynchk

Thank you for that information and screenshot. I can see on the MY5 website that this is a known issue on their app affecting different devices. There is an option to raise this with them directly if you want to. 

I will also feed this back to the team internally to see if I can find anything more. 

Please do keep us updated if the issue is ongoing or if you do raise a ticket, what MY5 have responded with. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley