cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annoying 'delete this recording? ' message

bundanoonboy
Tuning in

still getting to grips with the 360 upgrade including the crap remote impossible to use in a dark room, but what is really boiling my water is the message that pops up on screen when playing back a recording. 

Just as a programme is reaching a climax and you are waiting for the conclusion the bloody screen pops up a box asking whether I want to delete or keep the recording! 

Is there anyway to get rid of this annoying pop up? I can make my own choice AFTER the show has finished, I don't need a reminder WHILE I'M WATCHING IT!!!!!!!!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi

Go to Settings > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin >  Ask to delete after watching > Set to Off.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

roy247
Community elder

Hi

Go to Settings > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin >  Ask to delete after watching > Set to Off.

thrice
Superfast

This is something I also find extremely annoying. I have complained about it before. It would be a very useful feature if it appeared at the end of a recording rather than five minutes or so before. If I am watching an episode of a series recording it will automatically play the next episode before the current one has even finished with only a fifteen-second pop-up warning beforehand. This is something that needs addressing in a future update - hopefully sooner rather than later. A Christmas present from Virgin Media, please.

You sir can take the rest of today off, put your feet up with a smug look on your face in the knowledge you have done good in the world. Thanks, worked a treat.

see Roy's method above, works 

You sir can take the rest of today off, put your feet up with a smug look on your face in the knowledge you have done good in the world. Thanks, worked a treat.

Now this is weird! I was just watching something that I recorded, and lo and behold that very pop-up window popped up just as the recording was nearing the end, which hadn't happened for quite some months. I thought hold on a minute, I remember switching this to the 'OFF' position to disable this annoying pop-up, so I went back into the settings to check it out again, and it was still set to 'OFF' as I had orignally set it as! So I'm scratching my head here wondering why this annoying 'Delete this recording' pop-up window popped up when it was still set to 'OFF'!

I'm still flummuxed! 🤔

moof
Fibre optic

I concur with the DELETE NOW pop-up, that and half of the so called 'features' of this crap upgrade...

also the way you press play on a recording and it jumps forward into the show and you have to rewind 😒

I'm glad I'm not alone, but we also can't operate the darn remote in the dark! (I thought it was just us). Have read there was a 360 v1 remote that lit up when pressed but clearly our doesn't as its the new and improved (cough) version. But you don't seem to be able to see the buttons in low light (unlike the old V6 remote)

Sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced with the TV 360 set top box @moof.

Can you please confirm if you've been able to keep the set top box in standby to ensure all upgrades/updates are able to go through?

It may also be worth performing a reboot on the set top box to see if this clears the issue with the pop up box for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@David_Bn wrote:

Sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced with the TV 360 set top box @moof.

Can you please confirm if you've been able to keep the set top box in standby to ensure all upgrades/updates are able to go through?

It may also be worth performing a reboot on the set top box to see if this clears the issue with the pop up box for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

the box is kept in standby and receives all the hideous updates VM push out.

It just a shame that VM thought TV360 was an 'upgrade' to V6 as it's not and we find it a fumble to use in comparison. Wish we could go back!

roy247 clear instructions on how to turn OFF the irritating DELETE NOW option worked a treat, so that's one thing off the list of irritations