cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all 4 app not on 360?

Blakeich
Dialled in

Hi I was wondering is All4 Channel 4 on demand app available on 360. because I can get all the other ones but can't find the all 4 one. even when using voice activate. 

my 5 works and itv hub and BBC I player but all 4 isnt there? anyone know anything?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thrice
Superfast

I contacted Channel 4 about the absence of an All4 app and the reply was that it was all down to Virgin Media. This sounds like buck-passing to me. I'm sure it will arrive sooner or later. There is some very watchable foreign drama on All4 that never makes its way onto the Channel 4 lineup.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Blakeich,

All4 isn't an app in it's own right but content is accessible via the Catch Up menu by selecting from the channel drop down.

Hopefully it will be coming soon.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Because I wanted to watch a taste of Italy bur it only gave me episodes 9 and 10 when I hadn't seen 1-8 lol 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like only Episdoes 9 & 10 are within the 30day catchup window - E9 shows as expiring tonight.

The All-4 app does have older episodes, but this app isn't currently available on the 360 so I can only suggest watching these online - https://www.channel4.com/programmes/a-taste-of-italy 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Well I can watch it on my firestick but the whole point in 360 is that everything in in the same place. clearly that's not the case and is flawed by having every other channels on demand service bar channel 4.

thrice
Superfast

I contacted Channel 4 about the absence of an All4 app and the reply was that it was all down to Virgin Media. This sounds like buck-passing to me. I'm sure it will arrive sooner or later. There is some very watchable foreign drama on All4 that never makes its way onto the Channel 4 lineup.

yeah that is why I like it. because of the foreign shows.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

By means of general info, a lot of C4 OnDemand content is available on the 360 by virtue of VM's OnDemand platform - but not all.

The branded app is available on the V6 box indicating that VM have commercial agreement with C4 for its provision on the Virgin platform. It also needs to be technically compatible with the Horizon/360 software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I totally get that but i upgraded my V6 to the 360 with the guy on the phone. I was told it was everything integrated but it clearly is not lol 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In fairness, the VM "how to upgrade" page at https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/customer/virgin-tv-360-upgrade does state...

Although of course it's always easy to be wise in hindsight and yes - I'm sure the app will be available on the 360 in due course.

3690_all4.JPG