cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another lip sync problem

Dtwaters42
On our wavelength

Hi All, well I took the jump and joined the VM customer clan. The install went very smoothly on Monday and I was up and running very quickly. I have now had time to watch TV and unfortunately I’m not impressed with v360. I can’t believe that I’m getting lip sync issues and even when I adjust the timing it drifts in and out. It happens on live and catch up, I haven’t tried recording anything yet.

I just have an LG TV no surround sound or sound bars, the v360 connects directly to the TV. Having researched the community I see this issue has been around ever since the 360 was released. Most issues on here apparently was due to Dolby being on in their soundbars etc, but obviously this doesn’t apply to myself. I will not be able to put up with changing the timing 5 or 6 times a night!

Does any of you wonderful people know how I can resolve this? I really don’t want to return to BT. Please help.

18 REPLIES 18

Hi @Dtwaters42, thanks a lot for your response.
I've been able to run diagnostics this morning and it doesn't appear that there are any issues that we can identify.

Please kindly try the following:

- Pressing Home, Settings, Audio & Video, and then selecting the option for Audio Delay.

Try having a go at adjusting the Audio Delay feature, and seeing if this helps. You may need to take a few tries at this to ensure you've adjusted it well enough for you to notice the benefits.
I hope this helps and please keep us posted with how you get on!

Many thanks

Tom_W

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dtwaters42 

Have you tried setting the Dolby Audio to Follow Content?

That's how mine is set up with my LG TV.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Dtwaters42
On our wavelength

Hi Tom,

Unfortunately I’ve tried that many times. The sync just drifts out, sometimes within minutes other times an hour or more.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

@newapollo Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve made the change and will let you know if has helped.

Cheers

Dave

This worked great. Thank You

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Dave,

Thanks for the update. That's brilliant news.

You may be able to fine tune the sound again moving forward.

My 360 box received an update to version 4.39 this morning and the sound settings have been changed. The version rollout started around 3 weeks, it's been done in stages so you may already have this new option, or may have to wait another couple of weeks.

Settings > Audio & Video > Audio output now has the following three options:-

Follow Content
PCM 5.1 (HDMI only)
PCM 2.0
Choose whether you want the audio output to follow the quality of the original content (Dolby Digital where available) or to be converted to PCM 2.0 (stereo) or PCM 5.1 (uncompressed multi channel sound). Using PCM settings may resolve audio sync issues. Netflix will always follow content.

I don't have any sync issues but I've noticed the PCM 5.1 seems to have increased  my volume but I haven't tested it on different channels/apps.

VIP  user (who is also a VM Staff member) @BenMcr   suggests 'You'd need 'Follow Content' for any bitstream audio like Atmos where it's available on content.'

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

what update is this? How can I check if I have the latest ? thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Sean,

Check under Settings > Info > About > to see which build version you are on.   There isn't a 4.38 version, it jumps staright from 4.37 to 4.39

If your box hasn't yet updated it's worth rebooting it as it may have downloaded and be waiting to install.  From what I've read  (I can't recall where) the update is stored on the box for up to 3 days before it self -installs.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi All! Hope you are well. Thank you for keeping this thread updated!

Dave - so pleased to hear that the advice from New Apollo managed to fix this for you! 

Huge thanks to them for the wonderful information and support. 

If there is anything further any of you need support with please do let us know on this thread and we will do our best to help. 

All the best! 

Molly