cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong area code

NikHolland
Joining in

Live in Lincoln but getting Midlands today but should be getting Look North, how do I change it please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NikHolland wrote:

I'm getting Midlands today but I should be getting Look North how do I change it please?

It cannot be physically changed. You may be in the Yorks & Lincs area for Freeview, but on cable services you are part of the Nottingham cable franchise network. The source of your TV comes from Nottingham which is East Midlands, hence the East Midlands channels occupy 101 &103. Every customer in the franchise area gets the same channels on the same numbers.

You need to go to the alternate region channels. BBC 1 Yorks & Lincs is on channel 858. ITV Yorkshire is on channel 870.

Set these channels in your profile to make them easier to get to in future.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

NikHolland
Joining in

I'm getting Midlands today but I should be getting Look North how do I change it please?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NikHolland wrote:

It cannot be physically changed. You may be in the Yorks & Lincs area for Freeview, but on cable services you are part of the Nottingham cable franchise network. The source of your TV comes from Nottingham which is East Midlands, hence the East Midlands channels occupy 101 &103. Every customer in the franchise area gets the same channels on the same numbers.

You need to go to the alternate region channels. BBC 1 Yorks & Lincs is on channel 858. ITV Yorkshire is on channel 870.

Set these channels in your profile to make them easier to get to in future.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks