cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish I never signed up and unfortunately will have to pay for Sky

joebloggs
Superfast

Unfortunately I’m gonna have to retire my 360 - I’m stuck in a contract however I just can’t use the TV side - so will be paying for a service I cannot stand to use as the boxes records way too many items 

I have Catfish (current season and onwards) set to record - it’s still recording whatever it feels like and when I delete them it records AGAIN. I’m also missing shows because Virgin still hasn’t got a dynamic EPG.

Tried my mums SkyQ and it seems to work as advised - you can see the new series, you can undelete and records catfish in the right order, as well as a dynamic EPG!!

I absolutely adored Virgin TiVo (V6) and it did everything I wanted it to do and correctly, unfortunately 360 feels more like an alpha testing product and while I don’t have a lot of money but I’m gonna need to unplug it until my contract ends and get my tv service from Sky- it’s just missing so many features 

Heck even EastEnders can’t even record properly from going in Series 2021 to “Specials”confusing to where these episodes are and have to switch between 

E9B865EF-5DD8-4182-B4C2-A7F6DF96C5D6.jpeg

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@joebloggs wrote:

I’m also missing shows because Virgin still hasn’t got a dynamic EPG.

Such as? Serious question - the TiVo/V6 uses the same back-end EPG as 360 with a broadly similar update cycle.

I suspect you're referring to last-minute schedule changes related to Wimbledon - which are entirely the fault of the BBC, and are - frankly - unnecessary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to admit, scheduling recordings literally takes one key click from the TV guide on Sky Q and V360 needs a few more tweaks to ensure only future recordings record etc. Love V360 now though.

I’d suggest searching the forum for tips and read threads such as this, which may help you: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Tips-to-Using-V360/m-p/4692291

Peepers_24_7
Joining in

Can't say I blame you!  I work for them & wished I never bothered signing up for the trial before released it to the general public.

I too noted that you can't select it to record only new series/episodes on a specific channel, like you could with TiVo & the V6, it just records everything thing.  Absolutely appalling & they tried to rival SkyQ but failed to deliver in so many aspects.

A big boss that did the promotion for employees gave it the big un emailing the business about its general release.  I replied saying the only thing that is good about it, is the remote lights up when you pick it up, useful for navigating it in the dark!

Voice activation isn't anywnere near SkyQ & if it wasn't for the discount I receive, I'd have joined Team Luther years ago!

Totally agree! It’s so bad in my opinion, and I’ve given it a couple months as people say you’ll get used to it!!

Cannot wait for the annual price increase so I can give them the boot 🥾 

It is bad when even some Freeview and Freesat have the features that Virgin removed/didn’t implement!

Richard 

Hi joebloggs,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are struggling a little with some of the features of our 360, I am sure you will get used to it, if there are any issues or you are struggling with anything particular please reach out again and either ourselves or a member of the community will be happy to help.

Regards

Paul.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@joebloggs wrote:

It is bad when even some Freeview and Freesat have the features that Virgin removed/didn’t implement!

Such as?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Well I’ve had the 360 Box fully disconnected from my setup as it’s just bad!!

Freeview just seems to record better - more metadata like first aired date, actually records NEW episodes and not every million episodes from Series X and onwards, 

360 just seems to me useless 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think 360 needed to be an evolution and not radically different just to be different.

I had a faulty install with 360 and only used it a few weeks (3) and as I am off work sick at the minute I have found myself with lots of time.

In the last two months I have played with various set ups and despite less, on paper, tech capabilities I am much happier with freeview set top boxes, netflix, Now TV and BT TV.

Virgin Media are haemorrhaging customers because of bad management choices and competitors catching up and winning with speeds, service & better value.

@japitts wrote:

@joebloggs wrote:

I’m also missing shows because Virgin still hasn’t got a dynamic EPG.

I suspect you're referring to last-minute schedule changes related to Wimbledon - which are entirely the fault of the BBC, and are - frankly - unnecessary.

....you can't keep blaming the BBC for this failing (like you constantly seem to do!!).

Its 2021 for heaven's sake - technology now is so far advanced that a set top box should easily be able to pick up a last minute schedule change.

All it needs to do is to poll (read the data its grabbing in order to populate the EPG) , say once an hour  or once every half hour, for it to pick up the change. If other set top boxes can do this (seemingly, Sky) then the tech is already in place to achieve this  - its just lazy programming on VM's part.....