cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Mini Box

mjryan78
Tuning in

Hello,

I think I already know the answer to this but are Wireless Mini 360 TV boxes available in the UK or are they only available in Ireland? 

I’m getting one installed next week and the wife is upset at the prospect of running some cables across her wallpaper.

thanks,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That is the Stream box in the UK which is only available to broadband only customers and has no recording capability.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

If you only have broadband you can have a stream box which is WiFi.

If you are on 360 and adding a mini box it will need a coax cable for live TV and a internet connection either by ethernet cable or WiFi for everything else, and of course HDMI to TV.

Thanks for the response. I thought so. 

What's the Wireless Mini 360 TV box you have seen available in Ireland.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That is the Stream box in the UK which is only available to broadband only customers and has no recording capability.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Not according to the blurb. It looks to have the same features as the coax mini box but delivered over WiFi. 

It would be great to know what plans there might be to introduce this to UK customers. 

IMG_2447.png

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The wireless boxes in the UK are only cloud recording enabled, which is broadcaster blocked currently. They also cannot access recordings on the V360 box hard drives, so VM UK do not mix the two systems. Nothing is likely to happen until the autumn when there are several possible changes in the pipeline. However, some of these changes are outside VMs control

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993