cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connection option greyed out

rustle
Tuning in

Recently change from tivo to v360 (came in mini version) and all worked fine until today when it said ethernet not connected. Not surprising as I set it up with a WiFi link as the hub and v360 are on separate floors. The option to connect with WiFi is greyed out so I cannot use the v360 at all, just keep getting a message saying there is a problem with the ethernet link. May be coincidence, but I tried to attach the phone today and the phone stopped being able to make or receive calls. Unplugged it but made no difference to the WiFi link problem. Have tried rebooting both hub and v360 but NBG. Unable to do a factory reset of the 360 as when I try it comes up with the ethernet link problem message. Would be grateful for any help. Wife says I should not have upgraded and is not well pleased, so two reasons for a fix needed! 

7 REPLIES 7

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you accidently plugged something into the ethernet port of the 360?

Thanks for your reply. There's a Hive hub connected and that works fine. Also a Samknows hub. Everything worked OK for a few days, and still does, except for the WiFi link from the 360 box to the v3 hub. 

PS sorry, talking about the hub not the 360. There is nothing extra plugged in to the 360 box. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried connecting an Ethernet cable in and immediately removing it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@rustle wrote:

Unable to do a factory reset of the 360 as when I try it comes up with the ethernet link problem message. Would be grateful for any help. Wife says I should not have upgraded and is not well pleased, so two reasons for a fix needed! 

Can you connect with an ethernet cable to do a factory reset or does the 360 still give you the error message.

Would have tried connecting with an ethernet cable but the hub is upstairs (where I worked from home before I retired some years ago, nothing new under the sun!) and the v360 is downstairs so not really a practical option for me. Have delayed replying to your helpful responses as, amazingly, Virgin arranged a technician visit today. Didn't expect such a quick response. He said he'd never seen this before and tried everything I'd done already. He decided it was a fault with the box and fitted a new one. Now AOK and wife happy too! Thanks for your replies. 

Thanks for the update @rustle and we're pleased to hear this has been resolved by one of our engineers.

Do feel free to update us if this error re-emerges

Kindest regards,

David_Bn