cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so difficult to get an engineer out?

monkehfu
Dialled in

Seriously? Do Virgin Engineers exist?

I've been trying to organise an engineer visit for several months now due to various issues with my equipment.

I have V360 multiroom, but the second box has too many faults to list, poor signal strength, broken ethernet port, communication issues with the primary STB and pixelation. The box itself crashes daily and is unable to access recordings from the primary STB.

I need the junction box into the house repaired as well as the wiring to the house (13 years old).

My Hub 3 overheats constantly and has signal/noise issues.

Basically, after 13 years of no issues of such, age is now showing and I really could do with an engineer to come and give my equipment a once over.

I've had enough of sitting on WhatsApp for hours waiting to talk to someone, and when I have phoned, I get nowhere as many of your call centre staff do not understand the concept of "Modem mode" and refuse to help unless I reset my whole network to enable crappy wifi on the Hub 3 for support.

So how do I arrange an engineer visit? Do I just wait beside the road and flag one down as he passes? Is there a ritual involved to summon one? Do I need to trade my soul?

Help!

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@monkehfu wrote:

Seriously? Do Virgin Engineers exist?

I've been trying to organise an engineer visit for several months now due to various issues with my equipment.

It's your first post on here since 2017, so I'm going to presume your efforts thus far have been using VM's "inconsistent" telephone support. Many users find this community forum an easier option if you're willing to wait the few days for a staff member to respond.

With that in mind, I've moved your post to the TV360 forum and will ask - what are the issues with your TV service? Other community users may be able to advise, but the staff should wade in afterwards and can arrange tech visits if necessary. But we, and they, need to know specifics. I appreciate your comment about "poor signal strength", but bits like that are for VM to diagnose - on a user's report of specific service issues.

If you have broadband & TV pixellation issues, there's a good chance the two are related.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Top tip. Don't use live chat. Don't use WhatsApp. You'll get through to people who don't understand your issue and read from a script. Try and phone during normal office hours. You're more likely to get through to a UK call centre. If when they pick up it sounds like a foreign call centre hang up and don't wate your breath. 

When calling, the system will automatically route you to any of the VM call centres, which may be in the UK, or, more likely, offshore somewhere. What it certain is that you can't call a specific number or 'demand' to be put through to a UK call centre - it just doesn't work like that. However, there are posts on here which indicates that calling slightly after 8am, 'improves' your chances of getting routed to a UK call centre.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi monkehfu,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some problems with your services. I've had a look on our side, and cannot see any contact with our team, nor any issues being identified on the service. The signals to your property appear to be within standard specification but it also appears that we're unable to run further diagnostics on our end, the primary cause of this tends to be that your equipment is in Modem Mode.

If this is the case, are you able to turn this off for the duration of our diagnostics? Have you tried this to see if the issues with your TV box improves? As asked by japitts, can you please also expand on the issues so we can get a clearer picture of what is happening?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ