cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is 360 considered an upgrade?

Tpkuk77
Joining in

It’s become apparent in the last 2 months or so since upgrading to 360 software on two v6 boxes that this is very much a beta product and will not match the TiVo software for months if not years.

The thing is, should we be prepared to accept this? Has anyone managed to get the TiVo software back on their box after upgrading, possibly within the contract cooling off period?

I know previous posters have said it’s a voluntary upgrade, but it just doesn’t feel very voluntary when promoted by CS and there seems no way back to TiVo 

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There have been a couple of posters who claim to have managed to revert, but reading between the lines I suspect some serious heavyweight effort, persistence and time was involved - many other people have been told a straight "no" and there's been a couple of tales of VM offering outright disconnection rather than a reversion. That's probably a pretty good indicator of how difficult it potentially was.

@Tpkuk77 wrote:

I know previous posters have said it’s a voluntary upgrade, but it just doesn’t feel very voluntary when promoted by CS and there seems no way back to TiVo 

It is voluntary. Of course VM are going to promote it - that's entirely to be expected. If you want to remain on the TiVo platform and are offered a migration, a polite but firm "no thanks" should be sufficient.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tpkuk77,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you feel this way. We are always looking for ways to improve and expand our offerings and I will certainly pass this on as feedback..

Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs