cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why hasn't my Virgin TV 360 Box arrived?

NikosP
Joining in

I was assured that our two new TV 360 boxes would arrive today but it has been completely messed up. 

We have received one just before XMAS but it was not the prime box which consequently meant that we lost all "Non Apps" VM channels i.e. we can only access the Apps on the TV with uses the main TV box 

As for the other TV we cannot record any programmes at all.

In other words our XMAS has been spoiled from the TV point of view.

The second TV box hasn't arrived as it was due today so only god knows when it will, if at all.

Not the best service

11 REPLIES 11

roy247
Community elder

Hi NikosP,

If you are upgrading from V6 to 360 and either adding a second box or replacing an old TiVo box then the V6 will be software upgraded to 360 and your 2nd box will be a 360 mini box.

You will receive a new remote for your V6 box and the upgrade should be on the Home screen or in the apps.

The software update is supposed to happen automatically after 5 days of you receiving the new remote.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NikosP wrote:

I was assured that our two new TV 360 boxes would arrive today but it has been completely messed up. 

We have received one just before XMAS but it was not the prime box which consequently meant that we lost all "Non Apps" VM channels i.e. we can only access the Apps on the TV with uses the main TV box 

What boxes were you changing from, in order to get 360? Check on https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box if you're not sure.

TiVo are hardware-swapped, V6 are software-converted. You have one TV360-master with a hard drive (which I presume is what you mean by a "prime box") and any additionals are TV360-minis without HDD.

HDD-aside, a 360-mini has the exact same connectivity as a 360-master. The only difference is the recording ability.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

We have two boxes, a downstairs box which is half the size of the upstairs box and I was told by the support team to replace the downstairs one - here is the message from the support team  

"Ok not to worry Nikos, if you see this serial number on the backside of your tv box then this is Tivo box AAAX725XXX so this one you can replace with your new tv box you have received"

And that is exactly what I did

I was assured that the second (main box) would arrive on the 28th but it hasn't - very frustrating as we can't watch normal channels on the TV that and can't record anything on the TV with the new box

Incredible that we ended up with all these problems, I wish I had stayed with my original boxes 

My special needs son is so upset with these problems

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Hi,

Just posted a reply to another message above, does that answer your question?

It really is very confusing and upsetting as we have ended up with a system that has major problems on both TVs

i.e. we can't record on one (with the new TV 360 box) and lost all normal channels on the other TV, the one that has the old TV box,

We were assured we would receive 2 new boxes on the 28th but to our surprise we received one on Friday 23rd and the second did not arrive on the 28th or today

An absolute mess and trying to get through to technical support is impossible

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NikosP wrote:

We were assured we would receive 2 new boxes on the 28th but to our surprise we received one on Friday 23rd and the second did not arrive on the 28th or today

Check the pictures in the link on my previous post, I suspect you had a V6 & a TiVo.

If I'm right, the V6 is software-converted, the TiVo is hardware-swapped to a 360-mini and loses its onboard storage in the process.

I'm sadly not surprised by issues with deliveries in the current circumstances. Sorry to say, but I don't think anyone is in a position to promise on-time deliveries of anything at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Indeed you are correct that the original boxes were V6 and TiVo

When I received the TV 360 as I mention above, I was told it would replace the box with the serial number "[MOD EDIT: Serial number removed]", in other words the V6.

Indeed I replaced it and I was told the second box to replace the TiVo would arrive on the 28th which of course it hasn't. Of course I understand your point on delivery delays but I receive on 5 days earlier than I expected and I was told that both would arrive in a box on the same day.

From what I have read above it seems that the TV 360 should have replaced the TiVo not the V6, is that correct? As I was told to replace the one with above serial number.

I am totally confused as it should have been an easy process

Thank you for your support though 

roy247
Community elder

Hi

Did you receive 2 remotes with the mini box, if you did then the software update should be downloaded to your V6 box and will need activating.

You can't record on the new mini box because it doesn't have a hard drive, when the V6 box gets upgraded to 360 you will be able to set recordings from the mini to the main box. Your new mini box will need connecting to the hub by ethernet cable or wifi so you can watch apps.

Have you checked on the Home screen or the Apps & Games to see if you have a upgrade to 360 option.

OK, based on your suggestions / questions so far I have created a summary of I have in place today, including the changes:

Room 1

I had a V6 box with many recordings – when the new TV 360 box and 2 new monitors arrived I was requested to replace the V6 box (identified by its serial number) with the TV 360 Mini box

Before the replacement I had to go through an update process

I then removed the V6 box and replaced it with the new TV 360 box and went through the installation process including an upgrade

It all seemed ok until I realised that I couldn’t record any programmes and this message was displayed “Virgin TV is ofline or not connecting. Turn it on to check if your recording was successfully scheduled”

Room 2

I have a TiVo box which hasn’t been replaced yet. I was told this would arrive on Wednesday 28th but not delivered yet.

What I realised immediately is that we lost access to all normal channels e.g. BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV, Sky Sports etc.

Important to note that both boxes are connected to the hub by ethernet cable

Both TVs currently have access to the VM default Apps

I have also checked for possible outstanding updates on the Apps page but there were none

roy247
Community elder

Hi,

IIf you have checked the link japitts provided to identify which boxes you had then the old TiVo box should have been replaced by the new 360 mini box.

The original V6 stays where it is and gets the update.

The Virgin box offline message when trying to set a recording from the mini box is usually the box with the hard drive (main box), which you might not have connected, the main box needs setting to fast start or active start.