cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White light on box

Queenjodielou
Joining in
Spoiler
Hi joined virgin on Friday. The guy who installed the TV etc said if you have a white light on your TV and Internet boxes then you're sorted. We don't have a white light on the 360box. We had to turn it off for it to appear. Virgin didn't help she said its fine but the virgin app says its not. Do we need the white light?
9 REPLIES 9

roy247
Community elder

What are you trying to do as you mention the app. 

White light means the 360 is on, red is off, can you watch live TV and on demand on your TV.

On the app you can do a status  check and it says the box is on line but may not be working properly. When we come down and turn the box on in the morning the white light doesn't appear 

I assume this is the My Virgin Media app and not the TV GO app, so when you click on status you get green ticks for broadband and phone and not for the TV, does it tell you what the problem might be.

Before you turn the box on is the led red, and when you turn the box on can you watch live TV so it's just the white light that is off.

When you have the TV turned on does the status still say you have a problem.

Can you check what the box power setting is, press the Home button and go to Settings (cog on the right) > System > Standby power consumption.

You have 3 choices, Fast start, Active start, and Eco start, if it's set to Eco start set it to Fast Start or Active Start.

Flying_Kiwi
Fibre optic

@Queenjodielou wrote:
Spoiler
Do we need the white light?

If the light on the box isn't white then its not powered on so yes you need this. Nevermind any Virgin apps as they are secondary here, If you press the button that has the Red LED on the box, does this (eventually) change it to white (assuming there may be a problem with the remote so manually turning it on)?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Queenjodielou,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!
Sorry for any issues caused with your service. 

Are you able to advise whether this has now been rectified for you?

Are you receiving any channels on the box itself?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this,

Kain

Hello

We receive all the channels. But whilst on there is no white light at the front and when off no red light

So going by what I mentioned earlier and pressing the button with 'a light' in it on the front of the TV360 box, what colour LEDs/lights does it toggle between? You mentioned you got a white light earlier on so clearly a white light is (or at least was) possible. I don't recall if there are settings in the TV360 configuration options to turn on or off the light (and I'm not at home to check) but if you've not changed anything there (assuming there is an option) the modern TV360 should go between a red light when off and white when on. There used to be a blue light when on for this hardware but firmware updates changed the blue light to white.

I'll hold the button down to try and see what colour lights

Hi Queenjodielou,

Did you check what your box standby setting was, I believe from what other users have said that if the box is set to Eco the light goes off after a period of time, it may be that your light is just faulty have you ever seen it on.

If you press the Home button and go to Settings (cog on the right) > System > Standby power consumption.

You have 3 choices, Fast start, Active start, and Eco start, if it's set to Eco start set it to Fast Start or Active Start.

This might also be your problem when doing a Status check from your app when the box is turned off.