cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is stop button on remote?

Kazza55
Tuning in

Hi, New customer here with a 360 Box and remote. Can anyone tell me where the 'Stop' button is on the remote control? The one I'd press to stop play if I'm watching something on for instance, Catch up' or a recording I made , or on BBC i player. There a pause/play button, fast forward and reverse but cant see any stop button. Am I being thick?!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The problem with the back button is it takes you back in the menu chain you came in by.

The TV button on the right takes you straight back to the live TV channel.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

roy247
Community elder

I find the back button better than the TV button because say you are watching a series with say 10 episodes when you have watched an episode using the back button it marks the episode as watched, if I use the TV button it doesn't do that, also you might want to delete the episodes as you watch them, if you press TV you then have to press Home and get to your saved programs to delete them, you may just want to watch another recorded program.

There may be a way with voice control as well.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV button is the easiest.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks! Is that the TV button on the left above the home button, or the TV button on the right just below home button!?

I use the button to the left of the mic button, looks like an arrow, works for me....

you mean the back button , that is the best button to use it is effectively the stop button 

Yes that’s the one 😀

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The problem with the back button is it takes you back in the menu chain you came in by.

The TV button on the right takes you straight back to the live TV channel.

Thanks! That's the one I've been using but thought there might be a better option!

The TV button sounds like the better option, Ill try that from now on. It just seems odd to me that there is no actual 'stop'button. Then again I'm of the age where it is all a bit odd! 😏

TBH there was never a stop button on the sky q remote either 😄