cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was todays message

roy247
Community elder

I have just been told by the OH that there was a message on screen this morning, may have mentioned series links, as it wasn't mentioned at the time or fully read 😕, I just put my mini box on and there was no message, looking at the Tvguide it say's from Wednesday local news is on BBC1 HD, is it a case of just resetting BBC1 series links again if you have any.

Thank you,

Roy

28 REPLIES 28

@KeithLeonard wrote:

Hover if you have any Series Links on BBC4 HD, then you must reset them.

Wow. That's surprising. Why can't the software do that for us? Is there even a way to see all of your series links on 360? Surely you can only see recordings that are coming up in the next two weeks.

Dave...

@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer

Does this reorganisation mean we will lose access to Local BBC 1 (East Mids. in my case)?

Jim

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there even a way to see all of your series links on 360?

Home > Saved > Recordings > See all

The list will show all scheduled recordings. Any series links are indicated with the word ‘series’ written in brackets. 

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there even a way to see all of your series links on 360?

Home > Saved > Recordings > See all

The list will show all scheduled recordings. Any series links are indicated with the word ‘series’ written in brackets. 

But that's not all series links, is it? It's only the ones that match something on the EPG (so something that will be broadcast in the next couple of weeks).

For example, I have a series link for the Royal Institute Christmas Lectures on BBC Four. But that won't be broadcast again until Christmas. So, as far as I can see, there's no way to edit that series link once things get changed so that it'll be picked up automatically at the end of the year. I can't even cancel the (now useless) series link that I used last year. I've even still got a couple of last year's episodes on the box, but that doesn't give me any way to edit the series link that recorded them.

And that was never a problem with the old Tivo-based software. Firstly, the series links were (or could be configured to be) cross-channel, so it didn't matter what channel changes were made. And, secondly, I had a list of all of my series links that I could look at and edit.

Honestly, this new software is a disaster. I don't know how it was ever released to customers. There is so much basic functionality missing.

@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer

@Domestos wrote:

Does this reorganisation mean we will lose access to Local BBC 1 (East Mids. in my case)?

Jim

No. It just means you'll get it in HD. 

So no regional news then. That's not good!

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You'll still get regional news - on BBC One HD.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

BBC regional News is not transmitted on HD... how's that going to work?

I should say that I work for BBC East Midlands...

Jim Harris

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Erm, the BBC themselves announced this and I thought it was the whole point of the changes for BBC One - the BBC are going to start offering regional news on BBC One HD

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/articles/2021/bbc-one-hd-rollout-england

Whether the regional news is IN HD on the BBC One HD I guess is another question!

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

oh dear, 

That's not happening certainly in the East Midlands any time soon! Some work has been done to put in HD pathways but almost all our kit is SD! Looks like for a large subset of our viewers, we're off the air.