cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What time are faults contactable?

adelphiaUK
Up to speed

What time can you ring and actually speak to someone in faults rather than get this automated which tells you to use the online stuff and then hangs up?

I want to talk to someone to try and get my service up and running as I had an engineer visit (I wasn't allowed to do a quick install for some reason) on Friday but I still have no service.

Someone help. PLEASE!!!

These are only my views; I've given them to try and assist but if anyone finds fault with my posting then please let me know.

Please excuse misspellings and anything which may not make sense or offend as the medication I take can sometimes have an adverse effect on me.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)
Ultimate Volt: ACTIVE
TV: Maxit TV
Broadband: Volt V650 Fibre Broadband
Phone: Talk More Anytime
Mobile: O2 Unlimited
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi  again @adelphiaUK 

Sorry to confuse yuor good self.

I moved your posts from the original thread to the new one you started to keep all the info separate from AlastairPursey's since your original activation issue has now been solved, but you now have an issue with your broadband speed.

This was done to keep the issues separate and avoid forum staff going back and forth between the two threads. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

adelphiaUK
Up to speed

I have exactly the same issue but with CS1012. I've reset the box god knows how many times and even tried the online diagnostic which tells me there's a fault with both my boxes, the main and the mini. It also mentions a fault in my area but I don't think that has anything to do with these issues.

I wouldn't mind so much but I agreed to have it installed earlier than planned and I'm being billed since 2nd for a TV service I don't have although I must say, its great for repeats!

I'm just hoping they sort it soon as I was so looking forward to watching the penultimate race in the F1 season live this weekend to see who has the bottle to take it all the way but guess I'll have to watch the highlights on C4 on good old Freeview!

Grrr! Cone on Virgin, I'm waiting to update my signature and it's one heck of a long birth!

These are only my views; I've given them to try and assist but if anyone finds fault with my posting then please let me know.

Please excuse misspellings and anything which may not make sense or offend as the medication I take can sometimes have an adverse effect on me.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)

stevemorgan
Superfast

Usually from 8am but if you wait a day or so (maybe quicker) the forum team may reply on here.

Hope you get sorted soon.

Thanks. I do too. I mean the automated stuff is awful. It says you can book an engineer if you can't resolve it. We'll blowed if I can see it. All I get is a loop asking me to log in and then the usual "something went wrong".which tells me nothing except "Tough luck mate! Try again later to get the same result".

Do I sound frustrated?

Chris (VMO2 Customer)

Hi @adelphiaUK, I'm sorry your services are not up and running after a tech visit. We are aware of a delay sending hits to equipment following a national outage and we're working as fast as we possibly can to complete your activation and we're sorry for the frustration caused.

Regards,

Lisa

Thanks @Lisa_CC ! Now I just need to get my BB sorted as it's taken a dive to 70mb/s instead of over 1,000.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)

adelphiaUK
Up to speed

Just to confirm, mine started this morning too so all's well on the Western Front but now my BB has taken a dive! Down to 75mb/sec. Ouch!

Chris (VMO2 Customer)

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @adelphiaUK 

Thanks for the update that your TV service is now working.

It's odd that your broadband speed is only 75Mbps.

Is that hard wired measured to a PC with a 1 gig network card?

What speed should you be on?

Have you tried rebooting the hub?

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hmm. All my posts have gone missing from this topic or does the merge mean someone has moved my posts from here to the contacting faults message?

Chris (VMO2 Customer)

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi  again @adelphiaUK 

Sorry to confuse yuor good self.

I moved your posts from the original thread to the new one you started to keep all the info separate from AlastairPursey's since your original activation issue has now been solved, but you now have an issue with your broadband speed.

This was done to keep the issues separate and avoid forum staff going back and forth between the two threads. 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.