cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should be in my Virgin 360 delivery package?

dunroving
Tuning in

Just changed contract to VM 360, and received a delivery from Yodel. The delivery had only a "pod" WiFi extender (with no instructions on how to use it), a VM 360 remote, and a couple of marketing leaflets. So, I have no VM 360 box, no power cable - although from markings on the cardboard box, it looks like these should have been included - and no set-up instructions for anything (360 box and WiFi extender pod). 

Does everything usually come in a single delivery, or is it possible I'll have a second package? It seems odd that there was a 360 remote included, but not the 360 box. I also haven't received any additional emails from VM saying I have another package coming.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi dunroving,

Nothing odd about only receiving a 360 remote, your V6 box will have a 360 software upgrade sent to it for you to do the upgrade when you have watched any recordings you need to see before doing the upgrade. The update reformats the hard drive so you will lose all recordings and planned recordings.

The box should have had the instructions pictured below, pay attention to point 2 the box will automatically update after 5 day's.

Edited to add this link it may help with your pod.

360 Upgrade.jpg

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

Hi dunroving,

Nothing odd about only receiving a 360 remote, your V6 box will have a 360 software upgrade sent to it for you to do the upgrade when you have watched any recordings you need to see before doing the upgrade. The update reformats the hard drive so you will lose all recordings and planned recordings.

The box should have had the instructions pictured below, pay attention to point 2 the box will automatically update after 5 day's.

Edited to add this link it may help with your pod.

360 Upgrade.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dunroving 

As per @roy247  your V6 box will receive an over the air update so you don't receive a new box.

As for the wifi pods, the following page guides you through setting up the pod(s)

https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/check-services/wifi-pods/setup/start 

Basically you just plug it in and leave it settle for 24 hours. It should automatically connect once the lights go out

Also, you should be aware of the following requirements for the pods to work with the Hubs.

The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'
Channel Optimisation must be left on
The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled
The SSID must be password protected
The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match
As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pods will automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pods will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect up the devices in the home. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks, roy247, that's very helpful. I had coincidentally eventually found a page on the Techadvisor site that said something similar, but without as much detail. I definitely didn't get the instructions you included, so thanks for that. I'll also have to get onto Google to find instructions for the WiFi extender pod.

How strange that they don't tell you this information! My new order details says quite definitely, "Your new package now includes ... TV: Virgin TV 360 box; We've removed: ...  TV: Virgin TV V6 Box. powered by TiVo...

All unnecessarily confusing!