cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Virgin 360 multiroom

Anz12
Joining in

Okay I don’t get this multiroom marketing thing that Virgin is doing with their TV deals. You could always get 2-3 boxes installed in the rooms you want. I have 2 V6 boxes ( just upgraded to 360) from a few years ago. Can you now get extra mini boxes that can play live TV without the coax cable? 
I believe you still need coax cable right?

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

Yes you do still need the coax connection for live TV and a network connection for everything else, either ethernet or Wi-Fi. The maximum number of boxes 360 supports is 3, so you can add 1 mini box if you wanted to.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A 360 multiroom is exactly the same as a V6 multiroom, with 2 differences.

Firstly - once you're on the 360 platform, additional boxes are minis without hard drives. They stream from the master box for all recordings.

Secondly - you can only have 3 boxes on 360. With TiVo/V6, you can have upto 3 x V6 and one additional TiVo.

Regardless of whether you're TiVo, V6 or 360, all VM TV boxes need a co-ax connection for live broadcast channels, and an internet connection for OnDemand & streaming. Virgin Media is a cable operator, and the co-ax cable is how broadcast TV channels are carried.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Okay got it. I was really hopeful that the new mini box was wireless and could stream live TV without a coax cable.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anz12

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the new mini box, I can confirm that the coax connection is still required. Apologies for any disappointment caused!

Best wishes,

Serena