cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We cant find your hard drive CS6031

Kantagauri
Joining in

Virgin media box is a Humax 100 BC STB VM does not record. 

Error code is: We cant find your hard drive CS6031

My old box could record 4 shoes at once. This cannot record anything. Virgin Media customer service are as useless as a chocolate teapot. 

Couldn't resolve via Chat. Couldn't resolve via the phone. Very close to leaving as I'm out of contract.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kantagauri wrote:

When I called the service was automated and could not transfer me to a person.

On the 150 IVR, choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Once done that, don't press anything else - just wait. The queue for an agent should beckon.

I don't have a 360, but believe the resets are in the settings menu.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kantagauri wrote:

Error code is: We cant find your hard drive CS6031

Your box is very likely faulty, assuming that a factory reset doesn't cure this - always worth a shot.

You can report service faults either by calling in, or waiting on here. A response on here may take a day or so - but what do you mean by "couldn't resolve by phone"? Can you elaborate on what happened when you called in?

@Kantagauri wrote:

My old box could record 4 shoes at once.

TiVo boxes had 3 recording tuners, V6 & 360 have 6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi Japitts,

Looked on the community to no avail and hence have registered to log the query myself. 

How do I factory reset the box?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kantagauri wrote:

On the 150 IVR, choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Once done that, don't press anything else - just wait. The queue for an agent should beckon.

I don't have a 360, but believe the resets are in the settings menu.

roy247
Community elder

Press Home, Settings, System, Factory reset. You get 2 options, keep your recordings or format the hard drive, I would try reformatting the hard drive.

I managed to get through to customer service. They confirmed that I have had the mini box installed. They have said they'll deliver a new box in 3 to 5 days.

Hopefully that fixes it.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Miniboxes don't have hard drives by design - they slave from your master-box for all recording.

You didn't mention having multiple boxes in your starting post - can you set recordings on your master box OK?

I don't have the multi box/room package. Only a single box. So it looks like the technician installed the wrong tupeof box.

You can post a photo of the box. I find it hard to believe that a tech would install a mini as the sole box and, if he did, he should get an earful from his manager.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

In slight defence of the technician he must have been swapping out an old TiVo box and was either given the wrong info or took it for granted it was a 2nd box that needed replacing for 360. No real excuses.