cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchlist. Playback Not Possible

Rufus57
Up to speed

Whenever I add something to the watchlist and try and play it I get a playback not possible message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's your setup with mini & master boxes, which are you trying to watch/record on?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's your setup with mini & master boxes, which are you trying to watch/record on?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes. Sorry. Should have mentioned that. I have a V6 box upgraded to 360.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Rufus57 wrote:

Yes. Sorry. Should have mentioned that. I have a V6 box upgraded to 360.

Ok, so you've got one master box (which, by the way, isn't a "V6 upgraded", it's no longer a V6 and is now just a 360)

Do you have any additional multiroom boxes - minis or suchlike? I'm only asking to establish whether multiroom streaming is another factor we need to bear in mind.

If you're trying to watch on the same box that the program was recorded, that can be safely eliminated.

I'm confused, this post is marked as "answered", but the reply marked as the answer doesn't seem to be an answer - it's actually asking for more detail. What is the answer?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The joys of the "mark as helpful answer" option versus "kudos to say thanks" wording that can be confusing.

I asked the OP in the message above your reply for some clarity, once that's forthcoming I'm sure either myself or another community user will be in a position to give further advice.

Although while I'm on the subject...

@Rufus57  - is this only happening on one specific recording? Or multiple programmes?

Hello. Thanks for your help on this. I have just the one V6 box with 360. All the programmes I have put on my watchlist refuse to play. I have also just attempted to watch a recording from my saved list and it gave up the ghost halfway through with a "failed to record" message. I could call 150 I suppose but I already did this with some earlier issues with no resolution. Doing a factory reset did help with the earlier problems but these faults keep springing up.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Rufus57 wrote:

Hello. Thanks for your help on this. I have just the one V6 box with 360. 

There's no such thing as a "V6 box with 360". You used to have a V6, it's been converted and is now a 360.

It sounds like all existing recordings are affected? How about new ones? Are you able to pause live TV and watch delayed?

roy247
Community elder

AFAIK as I haven't used watchlist you can only use it with programmes that are available on catch up and box sets, some programmes don't give you the option to add to your watchlist, so it's just a short cut not a recording. So if the programme is not available on catch up anymore the link is dead.

A failed recording is another problem.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks Roy, I had suspicions about the watchlist bit.

Rufus - I use a V6 so some of the 360-specific stuff I'm not 100% sure on, but AIUI the watchlist is a bit like a VoD shortcut on TiVo.

So, the obvious next checks....

Can you play recordings ok?

Can you watch OnDemand programmes ok, if you find them via the menu/EPG?