cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch from start?

wokelly
On our wavelength

I do not know what box I have, it is the latest one, installed two days ago. The old system allowed me to watch recorded material and stop then watch from the paused point at a later date. The new setup has three options: WATCH FROM START / DELETE RECORDING / EPISODES. If I do not want to watch a whole program and stop during the playing, when I come to watch later I have to fast forward through the already seen bit to get to where I stopped before. Is this a NEW? feature or am I doing something wrong... cos this is set up is utterly hopeless!!

18 REPLIES 18

wokelly
On our wavelength

This is my problem EXACTLY! As in what SHOULD happen. The 'continue to watch' option is only available when you have the router turned on, which I only do when using my internet or watching Netflix or catchup etc. This was not the case with my previous program - seems a whole lot more user friendly than the new, all-action, super-coloured, fade-effect, can't see a damned thing, cloud-streaming, watch-this-rubbish-you-idiots, 360 upgrade... I concede I am a grumpy old man - but I guess young moderns are happy to sacrifice formal utility for bells and mirrors. Don't it look pretty? I've been a cable subscriber since Telewest started - yadda, yadda - bring back Carlton Food Channel, and that flickering box at the top of your screen when the ads were coming on, etc...

@wokelly wrote:

So the best thing to do if you value your privacy is leave Virgin? I DO NOT want a constant streaming machine running on my property. George Orwell could not have dreamt up a more invasive, insidious informational system such as Virgin have come to operate. I think it is disgraceful!

So you don't own any electronic devices and sit around all day with tin foil on your head? And haven't had the Covid jab because Bill Gates has implanted tracking devices in the vaccine. 

Why do you turn your router off? 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The router is also used by the 360 to perform system updates and also update the EPG. This is exactly the same as the older TIVO and V6 boxes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi,

Please don't continue to make off-topic posts in this thread, as it doesn't help the OP solve their issue. If you want to continue a discussion, please either take it to Private Messages or discuss in our Chatter forum. Please also note that further off-topic posting may result in individual warnings, review the Forum Guidelines for more information.

Thanks

Melissa

wokelly
On our wavelength

Melissa,

Had you endured the shenigans I have over the last three weeks you would be seeking diversion - as off-topic as is possible. If you are a person of authority at Virgin I suggest you pull up my file; listen to the thirty-plus phonecalls, including the half cut off mid-process; scroll through four hours of online chat where I was stopped and started, transferred, deleted, round the houses ad infinitum; see the bill for some moblie phone that I never heard of; study my doubled-up Virgin account - neither of which shows up online; peruse my latest account balance of £230? I have every right to be dazed and confused.... and today's email is addressed to a brand new customer on how to read my Virgin bill when I have been a Virgin customer for 18 something years... there is more...????

WN

Royal Beech

No, I just turn off equipment I am not using. As advised by our government energy experts. Is actually my original comment.

I turn off all equipmeent I am not using. As advised by our government energy experts.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @wokelly,

Thanks for your reply. If you do require further assistance with your billing query we would be happy to assist.

We'd advise to start a new thread in the relevant section of the forums for this if so.

Let us know here if you are in need of any further advice on your 360 TV service or whether the guidance provided has been useful.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide