cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume on V360 remote

LindaMac
Joining in

Had new v360 box installed yesterday and engineer said the new remote would not control volume until software was updated and to use TV control for volume. It means the voice activation on new remote doesn’t work either. Is there a way to prompt software update or does anyone know how long it takes for software to be updated? 

13 REPLIES 13

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @LindaMac 

The 360 remote should have been set up as part of the installation process.

The TV Control app doesn't work with the 360, you need to use the TV Go app instead which also incorporates a 360 remote control function.

The following video shows how to set up the 360 remote control.

/Helping-Hands/How-to-pair-Virgin-TV-360-remote-with-your-TV-surround-sound-and/ba-p/4757529 

And this video shows some of the TVGO 360 functions Helping-Hands/Virgin-Media-TV-Go-App-for-360-customers 

There's also a very handy 360 FAQ's page  that should answer most questions you may have, however feel free to post about any other queries.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

@LindaMac wrote:

It means the voice activation on new remote doesn’t work either. 

If the 360 box and remote are paired then the voice control should work, if you have a new 360 it may already have the latest software, version 4.39 is the latest and is currently being rolled out, if you go to Settings and select info you will find what version software your box has.

Thanks for this. The software version I have is 20.10.2.1

engineer said I would have to wait until latest version was downloaded. I cannot use the remote correctly as no button to stop recording that I am watching. I presume there is a voice prompt for that. Just wish there was some way I could ‘pull in’ latest software to see if this solves problem. Thanks for your help.

Are you running TiVo software on a V6 box and are waiting for a software upgrade to 360, I think that version is TiVo not horizon software that the 360 has. If you are waiting for a software upgrade it could show under app's.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @LindaMac 

The software version you have shown seems to refer to a V6 box  (20.10.2.1) and not a 360 set top box.

Normally the tech guy would supply and install a 360 box and not leave a V6 box that needs upgrading.

If it is a V6 box then there should either be an Upgrade to Virgin TV360 icon on your home screen, or in the All apps folder. 

The following page shows how to set up the update to a 360 box.

/resources/pdf/VTV360_A5_insert_instructions_leaflet_pre_packaging.pdf 

There's also a video showing how to upgrade a V6 to a 360.

/Helping-Hands/How-to-upgrade-your-V6-box-to-Virgin-TV-360-and-TiVo-to-Virgin 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi LindaMac,

Going back to the start was this a new installation or a replacement box, if you were already using a TiVo box you could stil use the old remote until you are converted to 360. Have you looked at your contract to see if it says anything about an upgrade to 360 as your account must be set for V6 Tivo or nothing would be working.

Engineer said you have a new 360 box and that is why you need this new remote. He set it up and said you cannot use new one to change volume until they download software. That aside I think the remote is faulty as voice activation doesn’t work and standby button flashes must of the time, especially when I pick it up. After being on phone to VM my husband has managed to order another remote. 

Your box has TiVo software and is a V6 which doesn't have voice control that is a feature of the 360, both boxes look the same it's the software that's different. The remote does flash when moved so that's normal. If you log into your Virgin account you can check your contract details, 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have a 360 box then you need to keep the voice button pressed down whilst talking/giving instructions.

The 360 remote buttons flash for a second or two when you pick it up/move it.

Have a  look at the following page for instructions on using the remote and 360.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

In the meantime, if you haven't already then download the TV Go app.

You can use it as a temporary remote.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app 

Also if you log into https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/home  and click on Contract it will show a breakdown of the equipment you have.  It should show that you have a  Virgin TV 360 Box

Here's a picture of the 360 remote and it's functions.

360 remote360 remote

Dave
The do's and don'ts.