cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume not working with remote

jonnyouthouse
Tuning in

I’ve tried everything to set up volume control on 2 different remotes so need to try factory reset on 360 box, as soon as I got to reset its asks for pin but don’t want to put code in as don’t want to loose all recordings, will it ask to save recordings after code is confirmed?

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jonnyouthouse 

After inputting your pin you are taken to a screen with the following options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, I have reset 360 box but still can’t get volume or power for tv working, it was working fine until I changed the batteries in the remote then immediately stopped working. I have tried using our 2nd remote but still couldn’t get these buttons working so that to says it’s not the remote, any other ideas?

many thanks, Jon 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Jon

Your second remote will already be paired to the 360 box that it came from.

Sometimes removing batteries resets the remote which i think is what happened to yours. Pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds will also reset the remote

To pair the 360 remote hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

You can also  pair the TV 360 remote with the TV to control volume, source or power then press Home > Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Press OK then  Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

If the remote appears to have stopped working wiggle it a few times. You should also make sure the the Power Saving mode setting is on Fast Start

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi again, I’ve tried all these and also paired my 2nd remote up to the problem tv and everything worked apart from the volume, I then paired problem remote up to 2nd tv and it worked fine with volume and power, I then went back to 2nd remote reset and paired up again it’s finally started working, mind blown!!

thanks for the help

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Jon,

Thanks for the update.

Really pleased to see it's finally working again.  You must have a lot of patience, I would have thrown the remote at the wall.

Just for info, you can also control your 360 boxes with the TV Go app, also some third party remotes as well.

I have also set mine up to work with LG Smart remote.

You can third party remotes such as the OneForAll URC7125 - use the SimpleSet setup process and choose Ziggo manufacturer

Also the Logitech Harmony remote.  You need to set them up as a "Ziggo Mediabox Next" 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.