cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume not working on virgin media remote

vevodigital
Joining in

I have used the remote control without any issue until today. The volume + and - on the remote used to work fine. I have an LG TV and a Sonos Sound system. Today my remote won't control the volume. I have to use the Virgin remote to change channels and the LG remote to change the volume. I tried the following without any success:

1. Reset the Virgin TV box

2. Reset Sonos

3. Reset the LG TV

4. Reset the remote (OK+Rewind and OK+0)

Nothing has worked and I am wondering if anyone here has an idea of how to fix this. Consider that I have 2 remotes as I have the additional mini box. I paired the second remote and worked for few seconds then even this one won't work with the volume. What should I do?

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @vevodigital 

Using your 360 emote, check under Settings > Audio & Video > Volume keys control.

is it set to your LG TV, or the Sonos Sound System?

Providing you've paired both the LG TV and the Sonos Sound System under pair remote with devices then if the Volume Keys Control is set to your Sonos then the volume keys on the 360 should work.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Also try changing the batteries in the VM remote.  I've had issues where it still controls the box but not the TV volume (also an LG) resolved by simply putting in new batteries! YMMV obviously!

Thank you Dave for your message.

I have now managed to make it work after changing the audio to LG instead of Sonos. All works fine now, however I don't understand why it would not work under Sonos. 

Thanks, 

Thanks Paul, I've been tearing what's left of my hair out for the last 2 days trying to get my vm remote to start controlling the volume again on my LG b9. Changing the batteries did the trick. Tested them and they were reporting as being at 1.1v obviously dead considering they should be chucking out 1.5v. Odd that they still control the other functions of the 360 box perfectly fine and no warning from the box about them dying etc. Oh well, in the bin they go. 

Just a small point but my batteries in the VM remote ran out a few days ago and I DID get a warning message on screen to change them. It appeared when I was in the Home screen.

Thanks for sharing @Rufus57

Useful tip for the Community 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs