cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume not finding tv

Zehotzero
Tuning in

Hi I’ve tried to pair my virgin 360 remote with my Sony Bravia tv so I can use volume by following the instructions. But it doesn’t work. I’ve also entered my tv model number. Any help would be great 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Zehotzero 

Try factory resetting the remote.

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing..

Please try entering the device name as below.

If your TV is a SONY BRAVIA KD43X72KPU for instance then try entering X72K or 2KPU or BRAV when in Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices > Sony

Also try the key testing method, Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices, but don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

paulh_nwuk
On our wavelength

I couldn't get the volume on my brand new Toshiba TV to pair with virgin 360 remote either 😞
I tried multiple times on multiple days.
However, my two other [older] TVs in the house paired perfectly with their Virgin remotes.  Go figure 🤔

Apologies ... not an ideal solution [coz it costs money]
... but In the end, I just bought an £11 one-for-all universal remote and that now operates both my TV and my virgin box. 
One For All Evolve Universal Remote Control 2 Devices in 1 URC7125 

Thank you for the reply. It’s so frustrating I’ve tried everything. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Zehotzero 

Try factory resetting the remote.

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing..

Please try entering the device name as below.

If your TV is a SONY BRAVIA KD43X72KPU for instance then try entering X72K or 2KPU or BRAV when in Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices > Sony

Also try the key testing method, Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices, but don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey @Zehotzero, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the volume button not syncing in with the TV 😞
May I ask if you've manged to try the advice given by @newapollo and see if that assists?
Please also check here for assistance with the remote for you TV box.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Perfect. All sorted thanks for the clear instructions 

Glad to hear this has been resolved Zehotzero, if you need any assistance in the future please feel free to reach out to us via the forums 🙂

Rob