cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume controls not working on Virgin remote

dehwilmot
Tuning in

After 18 months of working fine suddenly the volume controls on the Virgin remote (connecting to TV 360) suddenly stopped working. I didn't change anything, honest. The volume controls on the Samsung TV work but of course this is very frustrating, now having to use both remotes. Any ideas please?

Regards

Dennis

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Dennis,

Have you tried new batteries?

Also check Settings > Audio & Video > Volume keys control.... toggle it to make sure it's still set to your TV and not an amplifier.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave

That advise was spot on. Resetting the control to TV and not an amplifier triggered a pairing of the remote to the TV and the volume keys now work.

Though I have a much bigger problem which just cropped up. I really hope you can help. Only about half the channels work. The guide works and takes me to the information about the channel selected but then no video or audio and after a few seconds it goes to a blank screen. I have no idea what is causing this and how I might solve it. Hope to hear from you. 

(P.S. BBC works, ITV but not say ITV2, Yesterday, Dave) 

Regards

Dennis

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Dennis,

Thanks for the update on the remote control. Pleased to hear it's working now.

The other issue is due to a nationwide VM outage.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/outage 

The Forum Mod Team may be in a better place to deliver quicker updates using the following link.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/National-TV-Outage 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks again Dave

Does seem strange this outage, how it affects some channels and not others with no pattern obvious. 

Regards

Dennis

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Dennis,

Earlier there were only the main PSB channels available (BBC1, BBC2, ITV, CH4 and CH5) in SD.

I've just has a quick flick through and approx 2/3rds of the channels are now back online in my area.

The channels are carried in Muxes (similair how to freeview works) and not in their  EPG positions so it may be that VM are switching them on one mux at a time.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Measurement
Just joined

I had this problem today. Changed the batteries, then went closer to the TV. Still no luck.

Happened to knock something on the shelf, and then realised it was blocking the TV sensor for volume ! All sorted, with much red on face.

I already knew the volume controls require direct line of sight unlike other controls on the remote.... just forgot.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for notifyinh us Measurement,

Do let us know if you require any further assistance.

Take care,

Kain