cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt upgrade - No delivery as planned.

darenj01
On our wavelength

'Upgraded' my contract last week to the latest one that matched my old offer.

Acceptable terms so decided to go ahead, didn't want the 360 box so they ordered 2 new remotes ready for the planned upgrade yesterday...

o2 did their part perfectly, sim switch and number port went through seamlessly.

Virgin, not so good, 1st text stated your order will be with you today (20/06) but online tracking is not available due to system error, which in layman terms meant, (I suspected) it has not been shipped.

I was right. 

Will update when and IF this kit arrives as I am now paying for 1TB BB that I cannot use as the old SH is not able to deliver this.

7 REPLIES 7

Tavis75
Super solver

Curious as to the new remotes being sent out, as far as I know, the only reason you'd need a new remote is if you're switching to the 360 box (and by getting the remotes I believe it will automatically trigger the change to 360 in 5 days), so sounds to me like they may have switched your boxes to 360 even though you (sensibly) said you didn't want to change.

darenj01
On our wavelength

Fortunately, I covered this off in great depth with Lauren and I was assured that I only needed a new remote for each V6 as there is an upgrade 360 option now present on the TiVo V6 box...

...I can also confirm this is present, and when clicked it states have you received your package with the remotes yet so all good.

Still nothing, nowt, no info, etc...

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@darenj01 wrote:

'Upgraded' my contract last week to the latest one that matched my old offer.

Acceptable terms so decided to go ahead, didn't want the 360 box so they ordered 2 new remotes ready for the planned upgrade yesterday...

Virgin, not so good, 1st text stated your order will be with you today (20/06) but online tracking is not available due to system error, which in layman terms meant, (I suspected) it has not been shipped.

Will update when and IF this kit arrives as I am now paying for 1TB BB that I cannot use as the old SH is not able to deliver this.

Fortunately, I covered this off in great depth with Lauren and I was assured that I only needed a new remote for each V6 as there is an upgrade 360 option now present on the TiVo V6 box...

...I can also confirm this is present, and when clicked it states have you received your package with the remotes yet so all good.

Hi @darenj01 

My understanding, and it seems also @Tavis75 's is that you are receiving new remote controls which have voice activation. Therefore yuor current V6 boxes will be converted to 360 boxes. It seems that in  your first post you said you didn't want the 360 box. 

Are you wanting to convert from a V6 (TIVO interface) to the 360 (Horizon interface) which includes the voice control?

If you are sent 360 remote controls then your current boxes will be updated to run the 360 interface automatically around 5 days after you receive the new remotes, however if you click the "Upgrade to 360 now" app on either your V6 home screen or in the all apps folder then the upgrade process will start immediately.

The upgrade to 360 process won't be able to complete successfully until you have received your new hub and have a working internet connection 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi darenj01,

I'm sorry for the wait and delays,

As it's been a few days since your post I just wanted to check whether you've received your delivery?

Alex_Rm

darenj01
On our wavelength

Hi Guys

Equipment arrived yesterday, all installed today.

Works a treat and love the 360 experience so far, so much easier and after a quick tour of the features, the UI and UX is much better

I see they have applied the changes online, so I take it I no longer need to call anyone to activate as it is a self install?

Good Evening @darenj01, thanks for the update and I'm pleased to hear you're all installed and happy with the services we're providing you.

Are all features of the services working as expected?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

darenj01
On our wavelength

Hi

Thanks, yes, all working fine.

I did not get a Netflix email but have activated it within my account control panel, just hoping I don't have to ring up if a charge appears in error.

Regards

Daren.