cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voiceover Guidance Announcements

JLO1
On our wavelength

Hello,

When I press the "three dots" button to see the programme info, I get an audio announcement saying "This area isn't supported by voiceover guidance".

Voiceover guidance is switched off in my settings.

Just wondering if anybody else has this problem,  if it's a glitch, an error in the software update, if it's supposed to do that (doubt it), or most importantly how to stop it doing it. 

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JLO1,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your TV 360 at the moment.

We are aware of this issue and our teams are working hard to have this issue resolved. Apologies that this has impacted you at this moment, and rest assured that we're working on fixing this as soon as we can. 🙂

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know so we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

JLO1
On our wavelength

Hello Paulina,

That's good news.  It's not just me then.

I did find that doing a factory reset, (keeping recordings),  ultimately forced the box to reload the latest software.

After this process, the problem hasn't returned so far.

Here's hoping.  

Many thanks.

Thank you @JLO1

That's great to hear and we do hope the issue stays as resolved, but please do keep us updated! 

Thanks again. 

Very strange, can't say I've had any problems in this regard at all (or with the BBC iplayer either as others have reported for that matter) ...

--

RayW2

This as just started happening to me tonight - completely out of the blue.  Have done no changes to the settings and its really annoying to get this announcement to every recording I have stored. 

Vorgin:  Any update on the "we are working on it" statement 3 weeks ago (see 2nd post)?

Hello Garson51,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having the same issue. 

Have you tried resetting the box to factory settings but keeping the recordings

Gareth_L