cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice search issues since Tuesday

Tommo881
On our wavelength

Since Tuesday (the day when the 360 box was telling me I had to delete series recordings because new things were happening) Voice search has stopped working for "BBC One" and "BBC One HD", it says "Sorry, it's not possible to do that" and "Sorry, I haven't learned to do that yet" respectively.

I mention the planned update on Tuesday as I assume it has something to do with that.

I can say the channel number and that works.

It might happen for other channels but haven't noticed any others yet.

Can someone from VirginMedia tell me how to fix this?

IMG_5005.JPGIMG_5006.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Tommo881 

It's only an issue with BBC1 SD and BBC1 HD and has been picked up by VM so hopefully it will soon be rectified.

I am currently using the voice command either "go to 101 or go to 108" or "switch to 101 or switch to 108"

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Tommo881 

It's only an issue with BBC1 SD and BBC1 HD and has been picked up by VM so hopefully it will soon be rectified.

I am currently using the voice command either "go to 101 or go to 108" or "switch to 101 or switch to 108"

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for letting me know that it's being looked at.

As an FYI though you can just say the channel number, as I mentioned, and it switches to the channel - so just "108" works.

Thanks for your post @Tommo881 and we apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Hopefully our team will be able to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Big thanks to @newapollo for the work around too

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Tommo881
On our wavelength

Thanks, but it's now fixed for me, so all is good 😊

And just be clear I actually mentioned the workaround about saying the channel number in my initial message which started this thread.

Hi @Tommo881, thanks for your post.

Great news to hear that everything's sorted for you now!

Please let us know if you need help with anything further in future.

Regards

Tom_W

pmqs
Joining in

Just got my 360 remote today and having the same issue with using the voice command to navigate to BBC One. Getting either "Sorry, it's not possible to do that" and "Sorry, I haven't learned to do that yet" . Tried rebooting the box, but the issue still persists.

Hi Pmqs, 

Thanks for your post on the forums, I am sorry you're having this issue with the voice search on your 360 remote. 

Even though it's only a small inconvenience I understand it must still be frustrating. 

Can I ask exactly what you are saying into the microphone please? 

Also, has there been any changes since you last posted about this?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Pmqs, 

Could I also ask if this happens when trying to navigate to any other BBC channels, or it is solely just BBC one? ITV is a BBC channel for instance. 

Can you do everything else with the voice search, like opening Apps or navigating to different pages like the TV guide?

Thanks,

Megan_L

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pmqs wrote:

Just got my 360 remote today and having the same issue with using the voice command to navigate to BBC One. Getting either "Sorry, it's not possible to do that" and "Sorry, I haven't learned to do that yet" . Tried rebooting the box, but the issue still persists.

It works fine on my 360 - I can either say "BBC" or "BBC One" whilst keeping the voice button pressed down.

Have you tried new batteries?

Dave
The do's and don'ts.