cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice control no longer working

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

The voice control button on my TV 360 remote has recently stopped working. When I press and hold the button, a message appears on the screen as if I’ve let go of the button, so I can’t search for anything. This happens every time I press and hold the button.

I’ve tried new batteries, repairing and resetting the box, to no avail. What can I do? All other functions are ok.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

This seems to have been resolved by the eeroOS 6.4.0 update. Just waiting to hear from eero whether this is coincidence or whether a specific fix resolved it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can order a replacement remote by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

The link only seems to allow me to order a v6 or TiVo remote. I guess I’ll have to contact customer services.

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

After some research, it seems to be related to the Eero router that I'm using, which has DNS-based ad-blocking and content filtering. For some reason, the (US-based) DNS servers that they use are not recognising/allowing the host that the box tries to connect to for voice control. They've asked me to speak to someone at VM to ascertain which host or set of hosts the voice control feature uses.

I don't fancy my chances with trying to get someone at VM at the end of a phone line to understand my request. Can anyone here help?

Seirius
Tuning in

Having the same problem! Thought it was my remote, so I paired a new remote, same issue. I also have an Eero mesh set up in my household, so that must be the relation? Keeping an eye on this thread.

Hi, I don't know what good this is to you, but in the Eero app settings, under 'discover' and then 'Eero secure' if you turn off 'advanced security' it fixed the voice control on the remote...

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

Yep, this will mean that it will revert to using VM’s DNS servers (or whichever ones you have configured) rather than the Eero Secure (Zscaler) DNS servers.

Unfortunately it also means that you lose the Secure functionality, which I don’t want to do.

The 360 box doesn’t let your configure any DNS servers in its config, which is a pain.

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

This seems to have been resolved by the eeroOS 6.4.0 update. Just waiting to hear from eero whether this is coincidence or whether a specific fix resolved it.

Hi @jimbo_l,

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you were having issues with your voice control on your remote. We are however glad to hear the issue has been resolved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,   

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs