cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Control on Virgin 360

andycambs
Superfast

Small issue, but I thought I’d log it - when I am in TV Guide and request ‘Film 4’ then it goes to two stations further and to Talking Pictures TV (Film4 +1 and then Film 4).

Also, if I am in TV Guide, and press ‘1’ it should take me to channel 1 in my selection ( in my case, BBC 1) but I get taken to Channel 100. I’m using version 4.31 by the way. 

Anthony else having the same issues?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some others have reported similar issues in 4.31. This was apparently fixed in 4.32, however, some people are now on 4.33 and it appears the majority of users will skip 4.32 due to issues, though unconfirmed. 

You can also reach the top of the guide by saying “top” which may help until you receive the latest firmware. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried asking for Film 4 HD? 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Asking for ‘Top’ gave me channel 100..

Tried asking for ‘Film4 HD’ and again it drops to Talking Pictures TV.

Is it just me getting this or does anyone else have the same issues?

@newapollo wrote:

Have you tried asking for Film 4 HD? 

The issues I had with the guide with software version 4.31 were similar to this if not slightly worse making the guide next to impossible to use. The bug affected both button and voice commands. The bug was fixed with version 4.32 which worked normally. I am now on version 4.33. Any changes to the latest version must be below the bonnet as there are no new features that I can find. The guide with version 4.33 works normally.

@thrice wrote:

The issues I had with the guide with software version 4.31 were similar to this if not slightly worse making the guide next to impossible to use. The bug affected both button and voice commands. The bug was fixed with version 4.32 which worked normally. I am now on version 4.33. Any changes to the latest version must be below the bonnet as there are no new features that I can find. The guide with version 4.33 works normally.

Thanks - hopefully I will get an upgrade to the software pretty soon. I suppose there’s no way of forcing an upgrade?

Thanks - hopefully I will get an upgrade to the software pretty soon. I suppose there’s no way of forcing an upgrade

Unfortunately, there is no way to force an update. In my experience, this happens overnight. Patience is difficult as I know how annoying this problem can be.

Still on version 4.31!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@andycambs wrote:
Still on version 4.31!

Same here. Past updates seemed to have rolled out on a Tuesday and was hoping to see V.33 tomorrow… if it doesn’t appear I have a feeling this could be another version of the update that has been skipped.