cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virginmedia complaints

s-smanw
Tuning in

Hello, I wonder if you can help me I am trying to contact the mythical land of Virginmedia complaints but to no avail, I have managed to contact beings from another plant but I still can't get Virginmedfia complaints can you help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the issue you're having? Perhaps if you explain the problem - someone can help?

The complaints process is explained at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the issue you're having? Perhaps if you explain the problem - someone can help?

The complaints process is explained at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

s-smanw
Tuning in

Hello, thank you for your reply. Basically, the problem is that the picture has been pixalating for a couple of months but started to get worse so I contacted Virgin. The first problem was that because I am the secondary account they could not help because every time I could not answer the security question. A lady last week said she would send a letter to change it. She said I would receive it 3 to 5 w3orking days. Not received. A gentleman on Wednesday said he would arrange for a box to come on Friday, nothing came. Anway contacted someone on Monday and found out the password was for data protection, not the online password. Over the years has told me this. My wife, who is the main account holder has the onset of dementia and is no good on phone. Today I got an email saying thank you for choosing Click and collect. I did not choose this and was told it would be delivered. I am because I am classed as clinical vulnerable and Blackpool has one of the highest rates of covid in the U.K I have been told to avoid going in shops or crowded places for the time being ,so the box can stay were it is.agoThis only part of the poor service I have had The reason I want the complaints section is because everthing could have sorted out a while ago and his only part of the poor service I have had.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's easy for me to say, that pixellation on live TV is indicative of a signal fault somewhere. Either in your box, your cabling or the street cabinet.

From the sounds of it, you've got an account-security problem thrown in for good measure. I'll level with you, that the complaints process isn't likely to rectify this situation and potentially could just add another 30days to your current predicament. That's not to say "don't do it", but please don't hold hope on your situation magically being resolved just because you've got a complaint open.

I've escalated your post to VM forum staff to see whether they can rectify this quicker/easier than you've managed thus far. They may find themselves stuck behind the same password/security issue that you currently have - but they may just be able to break the deadlock. Ordinarily you'd be waiting a couple of days for this, but with the "magic wand" I've waved, that timescale should be cut drastically. See what they come up with, and go from there.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @s-smanw,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry for the poor experience and we can certainly assist in raising a complaint. 

Will pop you a PM now so we can take a closer look into this. 

Thanks @japitts for escalating this to us 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello  I sent a message through pm but I don't know if you received  though Thanks but I still waiting for the letter to change the telephone password which they said they would post last Wednesday.As I said in the post the problem is that no one over the years told me it was the data protection password they wanted and I was giving the online password. Virgin seems to be the only company that I use that uses this system Will contact you when it arrives. Thanks for the help.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @s-smanw,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue. It does not look like you've responded to my colleague's Private Message yet.

All Private Messages will be in purple envelopes at the top right corner of your Forum page.

Please reply to my colleague and she will be more than happy to help! 🙂

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the reply but still waiting for letter to change data protection password, so use contacting anyone till I get this.

Thank you for your message. It as probably been the most helpful . I have now received letter with help with password so hopefully that problem ca n be resolved. I have two boxes and the one box upstairs works fine so it seems to be a problem with the other box. My complaints are I was told a letter would be sent on the 4th none arrived. I was also told that a box would be sent and I would receive it on the 6th,nothing arrived. I contacted customer service on the 9th and a box would be sent and also another letter. I received an email next day saying thank you for choosing click and collect ,which I didn't I asked for it to be delivered. The v next day I checked to say had a letter been sent and was told yes. I received a letter on Saturday the 14th and the letter was dated the 12th. So you can see people have not been straight with me. Now I have received the letter I can contact them again and ask for the new box to be delivered to my house as was originally promised. Thanks for help.

Do contact us when you have received this and we'll be happy to assist 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill